Some Permanent Changes Coming to Garbage Collection in Mississauga
If you live in the Region of Peel (Brampton, Mississauga or Caledon), you should note that some changes are coming to your garbage collection dates.
The Region of Peel recently announced that the area's garbage exemption periods have changed.
During an exemption period, there is no maximum amount of acceptable garbage residents can put on the curb. Garbage bag tags are not required during exemption periods.
Each excess garbage bag cannot:
Weigh more than 20 kg (44 lbs).
Be larger than 66 cm (26 in) wide and 90 cm (35 in) high.
Be smaller than 30 cm (12 in) wide and 30 cm (12 in) high.
Residents are asked to place their extra garbage out on their garbage collection day, not on their recycling collection day.
Residents should place excess garbage close to but not on top of their garbage bins, leaving at least 1 m (3 ft.) of clear space between the extra garbage item(s) and the bins.
- VIDEO: New Video Footage Released After Multiple Break and Enters in Mississauga
- More Refugees Slated to Arrive in Mississauga
- PHOTOS: A Look at the Glitziest Houses in Mississauga
- Mississauga-Raised Actor Simu Liu Set to Star in Upcoming Marvel Film
- Police Remind Residents Not to Call 911 on Ice Cream Trucks
- Important Garbage Collection Information for Mississauga Residents
- Important Garbage Collection Information for Mississauga
- Important Garbage Collection News for Mississauga
- Unlimited Garbage Collection Available in Mississauga After Labour Day
- Everything You Need to Know About Garbage Collection in Mississauga