Some MiWay Fares Set to Climb at the End of the Month
If you're a regular transit user, you might be pleased to know that some expected fare increases are being accompanied by a few welcome fare freezes.
According to the city, most MiWay fares will remain at 2016 rates come January 30. That said, a few fares will increase marginally.
At the end of the month, riders can expect to see price increases for adult and senior tickets. It's also important to note that on May 1, the Presto single fare for post-secondary students will increase to $3 from $2.85. It will be the same rate as the adult fare, which the city says is in line with neighbouring transit systems.
"MiWay understands the importance of providing affordable transit, while at the same time making modest fare changes to offset costs," said Patrick Phaneuf, Acting Transit Director. "Transit growth depends on attracting new riders to the system. To do so, requires continued investment to increase service levels, frequency and to operate and maintain the Mississauga Transitway - the city's east-west dedicated bus corridor.
In terms of what the increases will look like, take a look at the chart below.
For more info on the Affordable Transportation Pilot Program mentioned in the chart, click here.
For more info on MiWay Senior Fares, click here.
- Mississauga grandfather celebrating big lotto win
- All COVID-19 cases in Mississauga schools for the week of September 21 to 26
- A McDonald's location inside a Walmart in Mississauga has temporarily closed down due to a COVID-19 case
- Police searching for suspect following sexual assault at GO station in Mississauga
- Ontario reports 435 new COVID-19 cases, no new deaths