Some Mississauga Residents Eligible for Major Renovation on New HGTV Reality TV Show
Everyone dreams of a massive home renovation, but few people are able to make that dream a reality for a number of very good reasons.
Now, however, a uniquely deserving resident in Halton or Peel (Mississauga, Brampton, Caledon, Oakville, Burlington, Milton and Halton Hills) could become the recipient of a freshly renovated home.
And their home reno will be featured on Big Home Overhaul, a brand new HGTV show.
HGTV Canada and Proper Television recently announced that they are currently looking for the most deserving families in the GTA (and Halton and Peel in particular) who need a major home makeover.
"It's shaping up to be a really special show," Michael Barrick, casting producer, Proper Television, told insauga.com
The lucky nominees will appear the new HGTV Canada renovation series that follows the network’s best-known (but not yet revealed) contractors and designers as they work to deliver whole-home renovations to deserving homeowners.
The series is hosted by Cheryl Hickey (ET Canada) and will premiere on HGTV Canada in Spring 2020.
As for how it works, Halton and Peel residents are encouraged to nominate a deserving person online.
"Ideal candidates are people who put themselves second and the people in their community first. We're leaving it up to people to nominate their friends and neighbours who go above and beyond by doing things such as volunteer work or hosting events in their community," Barrick says.
Barrick says the show is currently looking for cast members from all over the GTHA and is hoping to get more nominees from the Halton and Peel areas.
Casting is open until the fall.
Barrick says that showrunners have already heard some incredible stories.
"We've heard some really amazing stories about people who work tirelessly. People who had personal tragedies or health issues who continue to work for their communities," he says.
So, how can you nominate a deserving person from Mississauga?
Barrick says residents should go to homerenohelp.com and answer the questions on the site.
"The best way to get your application noticed is to be as thorough as possible. Great stories will make us want to call that person and meet them," he says.
As for what the chosen nominees can expect, Barrick says the home makeovers will change from episode to episode.
"Each renovation will be an epic renovation," he says.
The show, which will boast eight one-hour episodes, will premier next year. Each episode will feature one designer and one contractor—both of which will be quite familiar to regular HGTV Canada viewers.
"It's really going to be a special show and it's going to touch a lot of people," Barrick says.
To nominate someone, click here.
- Popular HGTV reality show now casting in Mississauga
- Beloved Reality TV Show Looking for Mississauga Cast Members for Brand New Series
- Popular Reality TV Show Looking for Cast Members from Mississauga
- Some Mississauga Homeowners Eligible for Home Renovation Funding
- Some Residents Eligible for Home Renovation Funding
- One-year-old girl pulled from Burlington swimming pool dies in hospital
- Hamilton considers closing East Mountain street to vehicles, asks residents to weigh in
- Driver flees on foot after rollover crash with critical injuries in Mississauga
- Suspects sought after one male stabbed, another assaulted in Mississauga
- Police investigating after store robbed at knifepoint in Brampton