Some Mississauga libraries to begin offering curbside pickup
Libraries in the GTA and surrounding regions haven't been given the go-ahead to begin reopening just yet, but some Mississauga libraries will soon be open for returns and curbside pickup.
According to the city, the Mississauga Library system will offer returns at all locations except Mississauga Valley Library starting on June 17.
This is part of the library's phased approach to resuming services following the province's May 14 announcement permitting public libraries to offer curbside pickup. Residents will not yet be permitted to enter the libraries.
“As we continue to take a measured approach to reopen city facilities, we are proceeding with returns and curbside pickup services for our library customers," said Mayor Bonnie Crombie in a statement.
"Based on the best advice of Peel Region's Medical Officer of Health, we are moving ahead to provide these services in a way that protects the health and safety of residents and our employees. We are slowly returning to business as usual to provide residents with the services they need."
Curbside pickup will be scheduled by appointment.
Drop-off boxes at all locations except Mississauga Valley Library will open to accept returns starting June 17.
“Customers will be able to pick up their holds at the curb at selected libraries and drop off returns at all locations, with the exception of Mississauga Valley Library," said Jennifer Stirling, Acting Director, Mississauga Library, in a statement.
"We are taking all the necessary steps to protect public health and safety. These include implementing stricter cleaning and sanitization procedures and observing physical distancing protocols. We also continue to encourage customers to explore our extensive range of virtual resources as we prepare to resume additional services in the future."
Library due dates and fines continue to be suspended until further notice.
Customers can continue to use their library card or virtual card to explore the library system's ebooks, audiobooks and other online virtual resources.
For more information, visit mississaugalibrary.ca.
- Toronto Public Library curbside pickup gaining in popularity after just one week
- Starbucks implementing curbside pickup at select locations
- Select Mississauga libraries offering more access and services
- Mississauga libraries to reopen with limited service
- Mississauga's Central Library will close for renovation in March 2021
- MAYORS CHAT: Mississauga Mayor Bonnie Crombie chats about COVID-19, vaccines and tickets - May 11, 2021
- BRAMPTON'S MOST WANTED: Peel Police hunt four men on the run
- Three dozen Mississauga residents ticketed at outdoor gatherings
- Ontario pulls AstraZeneca from arms of Mississauga, Brampton reisdents over renewed fears of blood clots
- Most and least expensive homes in Mississauga