Some Big Changes Are Coming For Section of Major Highway in Mississauga
Do you have a frustrating commute in Mississauga?
If so, we’ve got some good news for you.
There's some relief coming for daily commuters in Mississauga and Brampton, as a major highway is about to get some new off ramp exits onto a major east-west artery that cuts through the industrial part of Mississauga near Pearson Airport.
The Ministry of Transportation announced that they retained the engineering firm AECOM to undertake a Detail Design and Environmental Assessment for reconfiguring the Highway 410 / Courtneypark Drive interchange, to include a new on-ramp to Highway 410 northbound, and a new off-ramp from the 410 southbound to Courtneypark.
Below is a diagram of the proposed section of Highway 410 to be worked on:
The project work includes:
The reconfiguration of the Highway 410 / Courtneypark Drive interchange including a new on-ramp from Courtneypark Drive to Highway 410 northbound.
Adding a new off-ramp from Highway 410 southbound to Courtneypark Drive.
Minor modifications will be required to the southbound Highway 410 on and off-ramps at Derry Road in order to introduce the new southbound off-ramp at Courtneypark Drive.
Widening of the Courtneypark Drive Bridge (Site 24-441/1&2) over Highway 410.
A Design and Construction Report (DCR) will be prepared to document the study process, design details, environmental impacts and mitigation measures, and the consultation undertaken throughout the project. The DCR will be made available for a 30-day review period. The DCR review period will be advertised in local newspapers, this project website, and mailed to those on the project contact list.
Consultation with regulatory agencies, municipalities, Indigenous communities, and other interest groups will be undertaken during this project (as required), and will focus on data collection, design details, construction staging plan, and the development of mitigation measures to avoid or reduce potential environmental impacts.
As a frequent commuter along the 410, it always baffled me as to why you can go southbound on the highway from Courtneypark but you can't go north, nor can you exit onto Courtneypark if you're coming southbound along the 410.
But Courtneypark is becoming more of a busy artery these days in Mississauga and Peel Region as people are using it as an alternative from the even more busier Derry Road in order to access their place of employment.
For more information on this project click here.
- PHOTOS: Ramp Blocked Off Due To Truck Rollover On Highway 403
- Truck Fire Causing Highway Closure in Mississauga
- Major Road Closures Following Fatality On Highway 410 In Mississauga
- Truck Falls Into Ditch Following Collision On Highway 410 Southbound
- A Major New Highway Could Soon Run Through Mississauga
- Mississauga woman speechless after massive lottery win
- Mississauga church youth group leader arrested for sexual assault
- VIDEO: Mississauga Youtuber Kyle Forgeard surprises his parents by letting them retire early
- Tech startups can apply for funding and get in front of industry partners with this opportunity
- A barbershop reopens during the lockdown as a film production studio