SOLD: Site of Hickory Drive Explosion in Mississauga
Back in September, we learned that the site of the Hickory Drive explosion was for sale for $675,000.
Now, it appears that the property has been sold.
According to a recent Global News article, the lot that once held the ill-fated bungalow—located on 4201 Hickory Drive—recently sold for well under asking. Although the $675,000 asking price wasn't terribly wild considering the value of the property, Global is reporting that the lot sold for $550,000.
In the initial listing, the incredibly serious incident was not mentioned. The listing read:
“Vacant Land For Sale At One Of The Best Location In Mississauga. Good Size Lot With 150' Depth. Buye R And His Agent To Verify All The Details, Taxes And Any Measurements. The Seller And Listing Agent Makes No Rep And Warranties. Please Make Sure To Put The Offer On Attached Agreement Of Purchase & Sale.
Extras:Vacant Land For Sale At One Of The Best Location In Mississauga . Good Size Lot With 150' Deep .
Brkage Remks:Buyer & His Agent To Verify All Taxes,Measurements & Any Rental Equipment & Fees .Seller Will Not Respond To Offers Before 09/08 ,Allow 72 Hrs Irrevocable. Seller Standard Schedules To Accompany All Offers. Plz Do Not Walk On The Property Without Permission."
While the explosion tragically displaced many neighbours (multiple homes were condemned as a result and several had to be destroyed), some residents are happy about the sale.
A woman with an 11-year-old son who is currently displaced told Global that she welcomes the news and hopes the new owners can make new—and ideally, happy—memories in the area.
As of now, the lot is empty and the explosion is still under investigation.
- Multi-Vehicle Crash Reported at Major Mississauga Intersection
- Police Investigating Report of Man with Hammer in Mississauga
- Here's What You Need to Know About Panhandling in Mississauga
- Paramedics Called for Assault in Mississauga
- UPDATE: Male Arrested for Sexual Assaults in Mississauga and Brampton
- FOR SALE: Site of Hickory Drive Explosion in Mississauga
- UPDATE: Multiple People Still Displaced Six Months After Hickory Drive Explosion in Mississauga
- BREAKING: Police Reveal Cause of Hickory Drive House Explosion in Mississauga
- Hickory Drive Explosion Victims Must Pay Property Tax on Uninhabitable Mississauga Homes
- People Still Displaced by Hickory Drive Explosion