Social media video leads to stunt driving arrest
Investigators have laid stunt driving charges after reviewing a video that surfaced on social media.
On Tuesday, June 23, a white Lexus was observed spinning its tires at the intersection of Derry and Rexwood Road in Mississauga, causing the tires to lose traction with the surface of the road.
The following day, police attended an address associated to the registered owner and a 21 year old Brampton was charged with:
- Drive Motor Vehicle - Perform Stunt - Cause Tire to Lose Traction contrary to section 172(1) of the Highway Traffic Act
“As a result of the charge laid, the Lexus has been impounded, and the driver's licence suspended, each for seven days,” police said.
- Man Charged With Stunt Driving After Going Ridiculous Speed in Mississauga
- PHOTOS: Driver Charged with Stunt Driving in Mississauga
- 42-year-old Woodbridge Man Charged With Stunt Driving in Mississauga
- Teen Charged with Stunt Driving on Highway in Mississauga
- Police Lay Close to 200 Traffic Charges Over Two Days in Peel
- Worker at Shoppers Drug Mart in Mississauga tests positive for COVID-19
- VIDEO: Police looking for suspect who burned American flag in Mississauga
- Tim Hortons giving away free coffee
- City plans to rename Mississauga library in honour of Hazel McCallion’s 100th birthday
- PHOTOS: The most and least expensive homes in Mississauga