Social media video leads to stunt driving arrest
Investigators have laid stunt driving charges after reviewing a video that surfaced on social media.
On Tuesday, June 23, a white Lexus was observed spinning its tires at the intersection of Derry and Rexwood Road in Mississauga, causing the tires to lose traction with the surface of the road.
The following day, police attended an address associated to the registered owner and a 21 year old Brampton was charged with:
- Drive Motor Vehicle - Perform Stunt - Cause Tire to Lose Traction contrary to section 172(1) of the Highway Traffic Act
“As a result of the charge laid, the Lexus has been impounded, and the driver's licence suspended, each for seven days,” police said.
- Man Charged With Stunt Driving After Going Ridiculous Speed in Mississauga
- PHOTOS: Driver Charged with Stunt Driving in Mississauga
- 42-year-old Woodbridge Man Charged With Stunt Driving in Mississauga
- Teen Charged with Stunt Driving on Highway in Mississauga
- Police Lay Close to 200 Traffic Charges Over Two Days in Peel
- One arrested, two suspects sought for carjacking of mother and three year old daughter in Mississauga
- More parkland is coming to one of Mississauga’s busiest neighbourhoods
- Province confirms route for new highway that will run through Peel
- Super cute pastry café now open at Square One in Mississauga
- Peel District School Board says parents have 10 days to decide whether or not to send their children back to class