Social media video leads to stunt driving arrest
Investigators have laid stunt driving charges after reviewing a video that surfaced on social media.
On Tuesday, June 23, a white Lexus was observed spinning its tires at the intersection of Derry and Rexwood Road in Mississauga, causing the tires to lose traction with the surface of the road.
The following day, police attended an address associated to the registered owner and a 21 year old Brampton was charged with:
- Drive Motor Vehicle - Perform Stunt - Cause Tire to Lose Traction contrary to section 172(1) of the Highway Traffic Act
“As a result of the charge laid, the Lexus has been impounded, and the driver's licence suspended, each for seven days,” police said.
- 21-year-old man charged with stunt driving in Mississauga
- Man Charged With Stunt Driving After Going Ridiculous Speed in Mississauga
- PHOTOS: Driver Charged with Stunt Driving in Mississauga
- 42-year-old Woodbridge Man Charged With Stunt Driving in Mississauga
- Teen Charged with Stunt Driving on Highway in Mississauga
- Mississauga woman speechless after massive lottery win
- Mississauga church youth group leader arrested for sexual assault
- VIDEO: Mississauga Youtuber Kyle Forgeard surprises his parents by letting them retire early
- Tech startups can apply for funding and get in front of industry partners with this opportunity
- Canada Post reports more cases of COVID found at Mississauga's Gateway facility