Social media video leads to stunt driving arrest
Investigators have laid stunt driving charges after reviewing a video that surfaced on social media.
On Tuesday, June 23, a white Lexus was observed spinning its tires at the intersection of Derry and Rexwood Road in Mississauga, causing the tires to lose traction with the surface of the road.
The following day, police attended an address associated to the registered owner and a 21 year old Brampton was charged with:
- Drive Motor Vehicle - Perform Stunt - Cause Tire to Lose Traction contrary to section 172(1) of the Highway Traffic Act
“As a result of the charge laid, the Lexus has been impounded, and the driver's licence suspended, each for seven days,” police said.
- Brampton motorcycle rider charged with stunt driving by Caledon OPP
- 21-year-old man charged with stunt driving in Mississauga
- Pickering man facing stunt driving charges
- Brampton teen charged for stunt-driving after hitting speeds of 221 km/h
- Man Charged With Stunt Driving After Going Ridiculous Speed in Mississauga
- The controversial aircraft built and destroyed in Mississauga
- Male pronounced dead at scene after drowning in Brampton
- $6 million Lotto 649 jackpot win went to an Ontario ticket holder
- 1 in 3 Canadians considering 'workarounds' as Mississauga, Brampton and Hamilton house prices keep rising
- Flood outlook currently in effect for Mississauga