Snowy weather expected to make morning commute difficult in Mississauga
Mississauga residents might have to face the first bout of wintery weather soon.
Environment Canada says that a special weather statement is in effect for Halton and Peel (Mississauga, Brampton, Caledon, Oakville, Burlington, Milton and Halton Hills).
According to the weather agency, a wintry mix expected for the Thursday morning (Nov. 7) commute.
Environment Canada says a developing low-pressure system is expected to bring a messy mix of precipitation tonight that will persist into Thursday morning.
The precipitation is expected to begin as rain and then change over to light snow overnight or early Thursday morning.
Falling temperatures through the morning may also cause roads to become icy or slippery.
Residents are advised to prepare for hazardous driving conditions at times.
- Special weather statement in effect for Mississauga this morning
- Winter weather to impact morning commute in Mississauga
- Snow Could Create Messy Morning Commute in Mississauga
- Inclement Weather Could Impact Morning Commute in Mississauga
- Freezing Rain Expected to Impact Morning Commute in Mississauga
- PHOTOS: A look at the most and least expensive homes that just changed hands in Mississauga
- New rules regarding children in leash-free zones and smoking in parks are now in effect in Mississauga
- BREAKING: Social gathering limits to be lowered in Mississauga in response to spike in COVID-19 cases
- Mayor says “no evidence” to suggest Mississauga needs to be rolled back to Stage 2
- Ontario reports 401 new COVID-19 cases, highest daily increase since early June