Snowy weather expected to make morning commute difficult in Mississauga
Mississauga residents might have to face the first bout of wintery weather soon.
Environment Canada says that a special weather statement is in effect for Halton and Peel (Mississauga, Brampton, Caledon, Oakville, Burlington, Milton and Halton Hills).
According to the weather agency, a wintry mix expected for the Thursday morning (Nov. 7) commute.
Environment Canada says a developing low-pressure system is expected to bring a messy mix of precipitation tonight that will persist into Thursday morning.
The precipitation is expected to begin as rain and then change over to light snow overnight or early Thursday morning.
Falling temperatures through the morning may also cause roads to become icy or slippery.
Residents are advised to prepare for hazardous driving conditions at times.
- Pilot for new CBS medical drama spotted filming recently in Mississauga
- Mississauga men celebrating big lotto wins as the machine froze
- The Cake Boss is coming to Canada with a brand new location in Mississauga
- Sikh, Hindu dispute over Indian politics boils over in Brampton
- Loopholes still allow international travellers to "collect your luggage and leave" at Pearson Airport in Mississauga