Snowstorm Officially Headed for Mississauga
If you have to commute to work, you might want to give yourself extra time tomorrow morning because a healthy heaping of snow is expected to create some rush hour delays.
Environment Canada recently announced that a special weather statement is in effect for the Halton and Peel regions (Burlington, Oakville, Milton, Halton Hills, Brampton and Mississauga).
The weather agency says snow is expected to begin overnight across Southwestern Ontario and advance eastward to reach the GTA just in time for the Wednesday morning commute.
Environment Canada says 5 to 10 cm of snow is expected to fall before.
The snow should taper off by Wednesday afternoon.
"While snow amounts are expected to be below the snowfall warning criteria of 15 cm or more within 12 hours, the timing of the snowfall could affect road conditions and visibilities, especially during the Wednesday morning commute," Environment Canada says.
So be sure to give yourself a little extra time tomorrow morning.
- Police Seeking Second Suspect in Murder of 14 Year Old Boy in Mississauga
- CLOSURE: Well Known Mississauga Buffet Restaurant Closed for Health Violations
- 5 Worst Parking Lots in Mississauga
- BREAKING: Body of Murdered 14-Year-Old Boy Found in Park Area in Mississauga
- Mississauga Company Facing Huge Fine After Worker Dies on Site