Snowfall warning issued for Mississauga as region braces for winter blast
A snowfall warning has been issued for Mississauga on Tuesday (Jan. 26).
Environment Canada said that snowfall with total amounts of about 15 cm is expected throughout the day.
There is a slight chance of freezing drizzle in the afternoon and the weather agency warned that there could be a significant impact on rush-hour traffic due to deteriorating conditions.
Rapidly accumulating snow will make travel difficult as visibility may be suddenly reduced at times in heavy snow and local blowing snow.
The warning remains in effect from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- BRAMPTON'S MOST WANTED: Peel Police hunt four men on the run
- Another 7 flights with 38 rows affected land with COVID-19 at Pearson Airport in Mississauga
- VIDEO: All lanes blocked on Hwy 401 due to multiple vehicles pile up in Mississauga
- Provinces look to mix COVID-19 vaccines in light of changing supply
- Mississauga, Brampton to lift restrictions once Ontario's COVID numbers are "well below" 1,000 daily cases