Snowfall warning issued for Mississauga as region braces for winter blast
A snowfall warning has been issued for Mississauga on Tuesday (Jan. 26).
Environment Canada said that snowfall with total amounts of about 15 cm is expected throughout the day.
There is a slight chance of freezing drizzle in the afternoon and the weather agency warned that there could be a significant impact on rush-hour traffic due to deteriorating conditions.
Rapidly accumulating snow will make travel difficult as visibility may be suddenly reduced at times in heavy snow and local blowing snow.
The warning remains in effect from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Police searching for missing 13-year-old girl last seen driving a car in Mississauga
- Construction coming to busy GO Station and street to make way for Hurontario LRT in Mississauga
- Mass COVID-19 vaccination clinic opens in Mississauga
- Pearson Airport in Mississauga welcome 19 international and 13 domestic flights with COVID-19
- Stolen puppy returned to owner in Milton, truck remains stolen