Snowfall warning issued for Mississauga
Environment Canada has issued a snowfall warning for the Peel Region with 15 to 25 cm expected by Thursday morning.
“Snow is expected to continue [Wednesday] and will become heavy in the afternoon,” according to Environment Canada. “Heavy snow will continue at night before tapering to a few flurries Thursday morning.”
Additionally, strong snow squalls are expected with heavy and blowing snow developing Thursday afternoon east of Lake Huron and may extend into the Golden Horseshoe.
Snow squalls will likely continue through Friday and whiteout conditions are likely.
“Be prepared to adjust your driving with changing road conditions,” added Environment Canada. “Visibility may be suddenly reduced at times in heavy snow.”
“There may be a significant impact on rush hour traffic in urban areas.”
- BREAKING: COVID-19 outbreak declared at Credit Valley Hospital in Mississauga
- VIDEO: People going nuts for Krispy Kreme doughnuts in Mississauga
- Anyone caught violating the EMCPA will be fined between $750 and $1,000
- The Truth Behind the Mysterious Koliba Park in Mississauga
- Region of Peel takes stronger measures to keep COVID-19 patients quarantined