Snowfall warning indicates a white Christmas for Mississauga
It looks like it may be a white Christmas after all for residents in Mississauga.
Environment Canada issued a special weather statement for Halton and Peel (Mississauga, Brampton, Oakville, Burlington, Milton and Halton Hills).
The weather agency says that snow is expected Thursday night (Dec 24) after some rain today.
Residents can also expect a period of freezing rain this evening.
Environment Canada says rain will transition to snow by early this evening and freezing rain may be possible during the transition.
By mid-evening, all precipitation should be falling as snow, with as much as 10 to 15 cm of snow expected by Friday (Dec 25) morning.
Rainfall amounts of 10 to 20 mm are expected and residents should expect poor winter road conditions.
Environment Canada says it is unknown how long freezing rain will last, but it is not expected to be a major impact, as there is a higher chance that a snowfall of 10 cm will happen Christmas Eve.
- Top 5 bakeries in Mississauga in 2021
- Cancel travel plans, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau urges Canadians
- Employee at a McDonald’s in Mississauga tested positive for COVID-19
- Police investigate after shots fired at car in west Mississauga
- UPDATED: Man brought back to life after major crash in Mississauga