Snowbirds flights rescheduled for today after being postponed due to snow
Ontario residents may want to look up to the skies for a special sight this afternoon.
In a unique mission dubbed “Operation Inspiration”, the Canadian Forces Snowbirds have been flying across the country to salute Canadians doing their part during the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
“The team’s signature nine-jet formation, with trailing white smoke, will fly over cities across the country starting in Nova Scotia this weekend and working west throughout the week,” said the Royal Canadian Air Force on April 29.
While today’s routes were originally scheduled for Saturday, May 9, they had to be pushed back a day due to the unforeseen snow and hail.
CF Snowbirds (@CFSnowbirds) May 10, 2020
Today (Sunday, May 10), we’ll see the Snowbirds on multiple routes in Ontario, including an hour-long route at 12:45 p.m. that goes from Mississauga to London via Niagara Falls, passing directly over Halton and Hamilton.
Following the flight to London, the team will then flypast Stratford, Kitchener, Cambridge, Guelph, Collingwood and Barrie in the evening.
“We encourage Canadians to observe the flyovers from the safety of their home and refrain from travelling to see the flyovers,” the Snowbirds said.
Photo courtesy of Canadian Forces Snowbirds on Twitter
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Snowbirds take majestic flight through Ontario's skies
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Snowbirds take to the skies over Mississauga
- Trudeau seeking approval from Parliament for $9 billion student relief plan
- Canadian Armed Forces to be deployed in Ontario to assist in fighting COVID-19
- Federal government working with airlines and foreign governments to bring Canadians home
- Mississauga student receives one of Canada's most coveted scholarships
- Man chains himself to tree outside of hard-hit Mississauga long-term care home to demand change
- Ontario secondary schools have room for improvement: report
- These Mississauga retailers are open (or opening) for in-store shopping
- Mississauga to begin reopening outdoor amenities