Snow expected tonight in Mississauga
Environment Canada has issued a special weather statement for Mississauga.
A few hours of freezing rain are likely this evening for areas away from Lake Ontario, prompting a freezing rain warning for the City of Mississauga.
Precipitation is likely to begin as snow early this evening.
While it is predicted to transition to a period of freezing rain or ice pellets tonight, there is a much lower chance of any freezing rain in Mississauga.
According to Environment Canada, some modest ice accretion near 2 mm is possible.
Precipitation will transition back to snow late tonight, with 2 to 4 cm of accumulation possible by early Saturday morning.
This precipitation is associated with a low-pressure system moving north from Texas which will track near the south shore of Lake Erie tonight.
The public is reminded that surfaces such as highways, roads, walkways and parking lots may become icy and slippery and to take extra care when walking or driving in affected areas.
- UPDATED: Man brought back to life after major crash in Mississauga
- Top 5 bakeries in Mississauga in 2021
- System outage affecting online learning for Mississauga public school students
- This Mississauga neighbourhood has one of the highest COVID-19 percent positivity rates in Ontario
- ‘You don’t want to fall into that three per cent category’: Ontario ICU doctor on battling COVID-19