Snow and Freezing Rain Headed for Mississauga This Week
If you plan on commuting on Tuesday (and you probably do), you might want to be aware of potentially inclement weather that could make your drive a little trickier.
According to Environment Canada, a special weather statement is in effect for Halton and Peel regarding snow and freezing rain. The news agency is reporting that a "low pressure area will bring a significant precipitation event to Southern Ontario on Tuesday. Accumulating snow and several hours of freezing rain are possible with some rain also possible for areas closer to Lake Ontario.”
While that sounds fairly dire, Environment Canada says there's "considerable uncertainty to the track of the low pressure area that [which] affect how much snow, freezing rain or rain will fall in a particular location.
That said, they are warning that hazardous winter travelling conditions are to be expected across Southern Ontario.
Drive safe, everyone!
- Mississauga Facing Extreme Cold Weather, Freezing Rain Expected
- Freezing Rain Warning Officially in Effect for Mississauga
- LATEST WEATHER STATEMENT: Freezing Rain to Hit Mississauga
- Environment Canada issues freezing rain warning for Mississauga
- Strong winds and freezing rain in forecast for Mississauga
- Region providing money to residents who want to build basement apartments in Mississauga
- HOTW: Inside a $2.3 mil luxury penthouse in Mississauga's Marilyn Monroe condo
- Mississauga grocery store worker tests positive for COVID-19
- Mississauga teacher enjoying big lotto win
- Ontario player wins Saturday’s $14.2 million Lotto 649 jackpot