Skating rink at Celebration Square opens today in Mississauga
Although the snow is gone and it doesn’t seem quite as wintery as it did last week, there’s good news for those missing the winter weather--the skating rink at Celebration Square opens today.
As of this morning, outdoor skating enthusiasts can enjoy the rink at Celebration Square from 10 a.m. until 10:30 p.m. weather permitting until March 20.
Those who want to enjoy some outdoor skating during the holidays don’t need to worry, as the rink will be open 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. Christmas Eve; regular hours Christmas day, Boxing day to December 30, Family Day, and March break; and 10 a.m. to 11 p.m. New Year’s Eve.
If you want to get out on the ice but you don’t own a pair of skates, you can rent skates from 4 p.m. to 10:30 p.m. on weekdays, and for as long as the rink is open on weekends.
Skate rentals cost $5 for children ages 12 and under, and $10 for adults; additionally, helmets can be rented for $5 and they come free for children under seven with skate rentals. If you have your own skates, but they’re all rusted and dull, you can get them sharpened for $8.
In order to ensure all skaters can enjoy themselves, there is a list of rules skaters must always obey while on the ice including listening and obeying skate patrollers at all times. The full list of rules is available on their website.
Cover photo courtesy of @onzakevin_09’s Instagram
- Here’s when the Celebration Square skating rink will open in Mississauga
- Mississauga's Biggest Outdoor Ice Rink Opens Today
- Here’s what you need to know before skating at celebration square in Mississauga
- Mississauga's Celebration Square Rink Closes
- Mississauga man launches petition to save outdoor skating rink
- Looks like Mississauga and Brampton will be moving into grey lockdown zone on March 9
- Man delivering food in Mississauga robbed: Peel Police
- Mississauga men celebrating big lotto wins as the machine froze
- Pearson Airport in Mississauga had 24 international and 4 domestic flights with COVID-19 cases
- Change coming to waste collection in Mississauga this month