Six year old child drowns at house party in Oshawa
Police are investigating the drowning of a young child at a house party in north Oshawa on Saturday night (June 12).
Around 7:00 p.m., officers responded to a call for a large gathering at a residential home near Birchview Drive and Ormond Drive.
When officers arrived, they were told that a six year old girl had gone missing.
“Police started to search the property and located the female victim in the pool. One of the officers dove into the pool and retrieved the child,” said police.
Officers performed CPR until paramedics arrived and rushed the girl to a local hospital, where she was pronounced dead.
Investigators are continuing to look into this incident.
“DRPS continue to support the family during this horrible tragedy and encourage all families to exercise extreme care when dealing with water safety during the summer months,” police said.
- Teen Dead After Stabbing at House Party in Mississauga
- Race was a factor when Peel police officers handcuffed black girl at Mississauga school, tribunal rules
- Two Dead and One Child Injured After Stabbing Incident in Peel
- Peel paramedics respond after young child pulled from backyard pool
- Police responding to child hanging from rail of balcony in Mississauga
- 100% of recent Mississauga and Brampton COVID patients not fully vaccinated
- 1 in 3 Canadians considering 'workarounds' as Mississauga, Brampton and Hamilton house prices keep rising
- Special weather statement: Heavy rainfall in Mississauga and southern Ontario
- Mississauga grandfather plans to share big lotto win with his children
- Police investigating "reports of possible gunshots" in Brampton