Six-Year-Old Boy Killed in Mississauga Car Crash Identified
A six-year-old boy who succumbed to his injuries following a serious crash on the 403 in Mississauga has been identified.
On Friday, Dec. 15, a car occupied by a young family was involved in a single-vehicle collision. According to police, the driver lost control of the vehicle on the eastbound 403 at Mavis and veered off the roadway before going into a ditch and up an embankment before striking a concrete pillar.
The pregnant female passenger and the child were rushed to St. Michael's Hospital in Toronto with critical injuries while the driver was taken to Credit Valley Hospital with non-life threatening ones.
A day after the crash, the OPP announced that the child has succumbed to his injuries.
A GoFundMe page launched by family friend Vijay Durai has identified the six-year-old as Athash Priyan. His pregnant mother has been identified as Nithya Raghupathy (or Nithya Prabhakaran) and his father as Prabhakarn Ramalingam
"On Friday, 15th December 2017, a young family got the keys to their first home. They were on the way back to their rental basement to pick up their sparse belongings," Durai wrote.
"Despite heroic efforts by Mississauga Fire & Rescue, Ontario Provincial Police and Peel Paramedics, Athash Priyan, aged 6, lost his life," Durai continued, adding that Athash's nearly full-term pregnant mother remains in critical condition.
"As his friends, we stand behind them during this terrible time."
The OPP say the cause of the crash is unknown, as conditions were clear at the time of the incident.
An investigation into the collision is ongoing.
Durai is raising funds to help the family and the donations have already surpassed the $15,000 goal.
"Athash Priyan never get to sleep in his new home. Please donate to send this young boy to his eternal home."
- Mississauga’s LRT Could be in Danger of Cancellation
- Sick Days for Teachers Causing Significant Issues in Mississauga Schools
- Major Facility Closing and Cutting Jobs in Mississauga
- 15 Things You Never Knew About the Glenerin Inn in Mississauga
- This Could be Mississauga’s First Hefty Snowfall of the Season
- Boy Dies of Injuries From Hwy. 403 Crash in Mississauga
- Police Identify Mother and Child Killed in Mississauga Crash
- Pregnant Woman and Child Critically Injured in Mississauga Crash
- Victim Identified in Fatal Highway Crash in Mississauga
- Fatal Collision in Mississauga Results in the Death of a Mother and Child