Six-Year-Old Boy Killed in Mississauga Car Crash Identified
A six-year-old boy who succumbed to his injuries following a serious crash on the 403 in Mississauga has been identified.
On Friday, Dec. 15, a car occupied by a young family was involved in a single-vehicle collision. According to police, the driver lost control of the vehicle on the eastbound 403 at Mavis and veered off the roadway before going into a ditch and up an embankment before striking a concrete pillar.
The pregnant female passenger and the child were rushed to St. Michael's Hospital in Toronto with critical injuries while the driver was taken to Credit Valley Hospital with non-life threatening ones.
A day after the crash, the OPP announced that the child has succumbed to his injuries.
A GoFundMe page launched by family friend Vijay Durai has identified the six-year-old as Athash Priyan. His pregnant mother has been identified as Nithya Raghupathy (or Nithya Prabhakaran) and his father as Prabhakarn Ramalingam
"On Friday, 15th December 2017, a young family got the keys to their first home. They were on the way back to their rental basement to pick up their sparse belongings," Durai wrote.
"Despite heroic efforts by Mississauga Fire & Rescue, Ontario Provincial Police and Peel Paramedics, Athash Priyan, aged 6, lost his life," Durai continued, adding that Athash's nearly full-term pregnant mother remains in critical condition.
"As his friends, we stand behind them during this terrible time."
The OPP say the cause of the crash is unknown, as conditions were clear at the time of the incident.
An investigation into the collision is ongoing.
Durai is raising funds to help the family and the donations have already surpassed the $15,000 goal.
"Athash Priyan never get to sleep in his new home. Please donate to send this young boy to his eternal home."
- Mississauga Uber Driver Arrested After Two Sexual Assault Incidents
- 5 “Haunted” Conspiracy Theories That Exist In Mississauga
- UPDATE on CLOSURE: Popular Japanese/Korean Restaurant in Mississauga Closed for Health Violations
- Police Chasing Rogue Swan in Mississauga
- Top 5 Under the Radar Fish & Chip Joints in Mississauga
- Boy Dies of Injuries From Hwy. 403 Crash in Mississauga
- Police Identify Mother and Child Killed in Mississauga Crash
- Pregnant Woman and Child Critically Injured in Mississauga Crash
- UPDATE: Mississauga Crash Victim Identified as 63 Year Old Brampton Man
- Victim Identified in Fatal Highway Crash in Mississauga