Six Mississauga Citizens Arrested in Three Million Dollar Drug Bust
A year-long joint investigation between Peel Regional Police and several other police forces has resulted in the arrest of sixteen people in Ontario.
The investigation (dubbed “Project Cartella”) concluded on Wednesday (July 19). Police seized a firearm, a quantity of drugs with a street value of nearly three million dollars, and a large quantity of Canadian currency.
Of the sixteen people charged, six were from Mississauga. Mississauga citizens Farzad Amirhoushamand, 37, and Caitlin Johannes-Amirhoushamand, 31, were charged with numerous drug offences, firearm offences and possession of property obtained by crime offences.
Four more Mississauga citizens — Jason Cervini, 34, Michael Ormonde, 39, Carlos Louro, 56 and Anna Korneitchouk, 27 — were also charged with various offences during the earlier stages of the investigation.
The full list of evidence seized during the investigation is as follows:
- 8.6 kilograms of Cocaine
- 85 kilograms of Marijuana
- 1.4 kilograms of Hashish
- 6100 pills of Oxycodone
- 31 ounces of MDMA
- 6.4 grams of Fentanyl
- .25 calibre BRYCO Arms pistol and ammunition
- Large quantity of Canadian currency
Amirhoushamand was held for a bail hearing at the Ontario Court of Justice in Brampton on Thursday. The rest of the suspects were charged and released with pending court appearances.
- Mississauga man charged with numerous firearm and drug related offences
- Mississauga Man Arrested in Connection With Drug and Firearm Offences
- Four People Arrested After Gun and Drugs Discovered in Mississauga Home
- Mississauga and Brampton residents charged with firearm-related offences
- Mississauga man charged in large Halton drug bust
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Major road closed in aftermath of fatal crash in Mississauga
- This Mississauga neighbourhood has one of the highest COVID-19 percent positivity rates in Ontario
- ‘You don’t want to fall into that three per cent category’: Ontario ICU doctor on battling COVID-19
- Environment Canada issues snowfall warning for Mississauga
- Major road closed due to serious crash in Mississauga