Six Mississauga Citizens Arrested in Three Million Dollar Drug Bust
A year-long joint investigation between Peel Regional Police and several other police forces has resulted in the arrest of sixteen people in Ontario.
The investigation (dubbed “Project Cartella”) concluded on Wednesday (July 19). Police seized a firearm, a quantity of drugs with a street value of nearly three million dollars, and a large quantity of Canadian currency.
Of the sixteen people charged, six were from Mississauga. Mississauga citizens Farzad Amirhoushamand, 37, and Caitlin Johannes-Amirhoushamand, 31, were charged with numerous drug offences, firearm offences and possession of property obtained by crime offences.
Four more Mississauga citizens — Jason Cervini, 34, Michael Ormonde, 39, Carlos Louro, 56 and Anna Korneitchouk, 27 — were also charged with various offences during the earlier stages of the investigation.
The full list of evidence seized during the investigation is as follows:
- 8.6 kilograms of Cocaine
- 85 kilograms of Marijuana
- 1.4 kilograms of Hashish
- 6100 pills of Oxycodone
- 31 ounces of MDMA
- 6.4 grams of Fentanyl
- .25 calibre BRYCO Arms pistol and ammunition
- Large quantity of Canadian currency
Amirhoushamand was held for a bail hearing at the Ontario Court of Justice in Brampton on Thursday. The rest of the suspects were charged and released with pending court appearances.
- PHOTOS: Multiple Vehicles Collision in Mississauga Plaza
- Square One Introducing Special Pass for Certain Shoppers in Mississauga
- Pedestrian Seriously Injured After Being Hit by Vehicle in Mississauga
- Should This New McDonald’s Initiative Come to Mississauga?
- Here’s a Look at All the Movies and TV Shows That Were Recently Shot in Mississauga
- Mississauga Man Arrested in Connection With Drug and Firearm Offences
- Four People Arrested After Gun and Drugs Discovered in Mississauga Home
- Peel Police Seize Loaded Gun and Large Quantity of Drugs
- Mississauga Man Arrested, Drugs and Firearm Seized
- Mississauga Man Arrested in Connection with Numerous Gun and Drug Related Offences