SIU Looking for Man Who Might Have Been Shot by Police in Mississauga
The Special Investigations Unit (SIU) is asking a man who might have been injured in a police-involved shooting in Mississauga to come forward.
The SIU says that at approximately 3 p.m. on May 25, 2019, Peel Regional Police officers were dispatched to Marmac Road in Mississauga to investigate reports that a stolen vehicle was in that area.
The SIU says a man entered the vehicle and began to operate it.
Shortly thereafter, an officer discharged his firearm multiple times, striking the windshield. The SIU says the driver fled and became involved in a collision on Pettigrew Crescent.
The SIU says the man exited the vehicle and fled the scene on foot.
The man may or may not have been injured as the result of the shooting.
The SIU is urging the man to contact the lead investigator at 1-800-787-8529.
The SIU is an arm's length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault.
- CLOSURE: Two Pakistani restaurants closed for health violations in Mississauga
- Police searching for suspect of sexual assault and robbery in Mississauga
- Very Exciting Event Coming to Massive Entertainment Facility
- Suspect flees armed bank robbery in Mississauga
- World premiere of huge attraction coming to Square One in Mississauga
- SIU Closes Case of Possible Police Shooting in Mississauga
- SIU Investigating After Police Officer Fired Shots at Driver in Mississauga
- SIU Officers Investigating Shooting and Manhunt in Mississauga
- SIU Investigating After Man in Crisis Injured During Police Encounter in Mississauga
- Teen Seriously Injured After Being Shot By Police in Mississauga Robbery