SIU investigating death of 18 year old in Mississauga
The province’s Special Investigations Unit (SIU) is investigating the death of an 18 year old man in Mississauga earlier this week.
Around 6:30 p.m. on Tuesday, February 9, Peel police officers were called to a Mississauga residence by a woman who had concerns about a family member.
Before officers arrived at the home, an 18 year old man reportedly fled.
“Shortly after, he was located, apprehended under the Mental Health Act and transported to hospital. He remained under police guard,” the SIU said.
“Around midnight, the man's health deteriorated, and he was placed in the Intensive Care Unit.”
He passed away in the hospital today (February 12).
Three investigators and one forensic investigator have been assigned to the case, and two subject officials and three witness officials have been designated.
The post-mortem is scheduled for tomorrow morning in Toronto.
More information is expected as the investigation continues.
The SIU is asking anyone who may have information or video footage related to this incident to contact the lead investigator at 1-800-787-8529.
- UPDATE: SIU investigating one subject officer and nine witness officers in fatal Mississauga shooting
- Man Dies After Being Tasered by Police in Mississauga
- UPDATE: SIU Investigating Circumstances of Man's Death in Mississauga
- SIU still investigating police-involved death of 30-year-old man in Mississauga
- SIU Officers Investigating Shooting and Manhunt in Mississauga
- Mississauga men celebrating big lotto wins as the machine froze
- Hamilton Police release photo of suspects accused of killing Tyler Pratt in Stoney Creek
- Here’s where restaurants in Mississauga do their shopping – Mississauga’s Largest Cash and Carry
- Some Mississauga councillors express frustration as Peel’s top doctor recommends city enter the grey/lockdown category this month
- Peel Regional Police officer who shot 16-year-old during Mississauga bank robbery not facing charges: SIU