SIU Investigating After Woman Fell From Roof and Died in Mississauga
by Christine Sharma on February 21, 2018
After a 28-year-old woman fell to her death in Mississauga, the province’s Special Investigations Unit (SIU) is investigating.
According to the SIU, preliminary information suggests that on February 21, 2018, at around 4 p.m., Peel police responded to a woman in distress at a townhouse complex in the area of Elmcreek Road and Dundas Street West.
The SIU says that a short time later, the woman fell from the roof to the ground below, at which point Emergency Medical Services arrived and transported her to hospital.
“The woman succumbed to her injuries and she was pronounced dead,” said the SIU in a recent statement.
The circumstances surrounding the woman’s death are under serious investigation.
The SIU is urging anyone who may have information about this investigation to contact the lead investigator at 1-800-787-8529. The Unit is also urging anyone who may have any video evidence related to this incident to upload that video through the SIU website.
- Massive Sinkhole Opens Up in Mississauga
- ROAD CLOSURE: One Man Dead Following Collision in Mississauga
- 18 Restaurants That Will Give You Free Food On Your Birthday Near Mississauga
- PHOTOS: Here’s What’s Happening with Mississauga’s Biggest Residential Development
- Celebration Square Releases 2019 Movie Lineup
- SIU Investigating After Woman Alleges Sexual Assault by Peel Police
- Police Not Facing Charges After Woman Jumps Off of Roof in Mississauga
- Homicide Unit Investigating Death of Mississauga Woman
- Woman's Death in Mississauga is Suspicious, Say Police
- SIU Investigating After Man Seriously Injured During Alleged Square One Break-In in Mississauga