SIU Investigating After Woman Fell From Roof and Died in Mississauga
by Christine Sharma on February 21, 2018
After a 28-year-old woman fell to her death in Mississauga, the province’s Special Investigations Unit (SIU) is investigating.
According to the SIU, preliminary information suggests that on February 21, 2018, at around 4 p.m., Peel police responded to a woman in distress at a townhouse complex in the area of Elmcreek Road and Dundas Street West.
The SIU says that a short time later, the woman fell from the roof to the ground below, at which point Emergency Medical Services arrived and transported her to hospital.
“The woman succumbed to her injuries and she was pronounced dead,” said the SIU in a recent statement.
The circumstances surrounding the woman’s death are under serious investigation.
The SIU is urging anyone who may have information about this investigation to contact the lead investigator at 1-800-787-8529. The Unit is also urging anyone who may have any video evidence related to this incident to upload that video through the SIU website.
- BREAKING: Fried Chicken Festival Changing Location in Mississauga
- New Mississauga Location for Fried Chicken Festival Revealed
- Justin Trudeau Pledges to Ban Assault Weapons Following Mass Shooting in Mississauga
- Mississauga Set to Consider Ambitious Multi-Million Dollar Climate Change Plan
- Mississauga Fifth Most Expensive City for Rentals in Canada
- SIU Investigating After Woman Alleges Sexual Assault by Peel Police
- Police Not Facing Charges After Woman Jumps Off of Roof in Mississauga
- SIU Investigating After Man Falls to his Death from Overpass in Mississauga
- Homicide Unit Investigating Death of Mississauga Woman
- Woman's Death in Mississauga is Suspicious, Say Police