SIU investigating after three seriously injured in police-involved shooting in Mississauga
The province’s Special Investigations Unit (SIU) has invoked its mandate regarding a police-involved shooting today in Mississauga.
Police were called at 9:14 a.m. for a dangerous weapon report in the area of Burnhamthorpe Road East and Cawthra Road.
Following a shooting, two adult males and one adult female were hospitalized with serious to life-threatening injuries.
A male suspect is in custody and was taken to a trauma centre.
As a police officer was involved in the shooting, the SIU is conducting an investigation.
The SIU is an arm's length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury, or allegations of sexual assault.
More information to come as the investigation continues.
- SIU investigating after man seriously injured in police-involved shooting in Mississauga
- Woman wounded in police involved shooting in Mississauga
- SIU Closes Case of Possible Police Shooting in Mississauga
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Aftermath of police-involved shooting in Mississauga
- SIU Looking for Man Who Might Have Been Shot by Police in Mississauga
- Top 5 Biggest Parks in Mississauga
- Teenage driver crashes into pole in Mississauga while allegedly evading police
- Bonnie Crombie urges patience as cases climb and hospitalization rates remain high in Mississauga
- Air Canada revising refund policy with cancelled flight options
- When the Mississauga City Centre Was Built