SIU investigating after three seriously injured in police-involved shooting in Mississauga
The province’s Special Investigations Unit (SIU) has invoked its mandate regarding a police-involved shooting today in Mississauga.
Police were called at 9:14 a.m. for a dangerous weapon report in the area of Burnhamthorpe Road East and Cawthra Road.
Following a shooting, two adult males and one adult female were hospitalized with serious to life-threatening injuries.
A male suspect is in custody and was taken to a trauma centre.
As a police officer was involved in the shooting, the SIU is conducting an investigation.
The SIU is an arm's length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury, or allegations of sexual assault.
More information to come as the investigation continues.
- SIU investigating after man seriously injured in police-involved shooting in Mississauga
- Woman wounded in police involved shooting in Mississauga
- Investigation into police-involved shooting of woman in Mississauga almost complete: SIU
- Investigation into January's fatal police-involved shooting in Mississauga still ongoing
- Former Peel police officer charged after woman injured in Mississauga shooting
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Aftermath of fatal crash between motorcycle and MiWay bus in Mississauga
- Biggest party bust Mississauga has seen during quarantine results in heavy fines
- House of the Week: Huge $3.9 mil house near Rattray Marsh
- PHOTOS & VIDEO: Anti-mask protest at City Hall in Mississauga
- Policy officer from Mississauga celebrating big lotto win