SIU Investigating After Police Officer Fired Shots at Driver in Mississauga
Ontario’s Special Investigations Unit is currently investigating an incident involving Peel Police in Mississauga on Saturday, May 25.
Around 3:00 p.m., officers were dispatched to Marmac Crescent (near Winston Churchill at The Collegeway) after determining that a reportedly stolen vehicle was in that area.
While police were investigating, it’s alleged that a man approached the vehicle, entered it and then drove at one of the officers.
The officer discharged his firearm multiple times, hitting the vehicle's windshield.
According to the SIU report, the vehicle fled until it struck a vehicle on Pettigrew Crescent. The man exited the vehicle and fled.
While he has not yet been located, it’s believed that he may have been struck.
Two investigators and two forensic investigators have been assigned to this investigation.
Anyone who may have information or video footage related to this incident is asked to contact the lead investigator 1-800-787-8529.
- Part of 401 Closed in Mississauga After Propane Tanks Fell From Transport Truck
- Mississauga Hotel Reopens With Brand New Look and Trendy Burger Restaurant
- Major Changes Coming to City Hall in Mississauga
- Peel Police Asking For Public's Help In Connection To Shooting In Mississauga
- Two Mississauga Women Celebrating Big Lotto Win
- SIU Looking for Man Who Might Have Been Shot by Police in Mississauga
- Police Officer Injured During Stolen Vehicle Investigation in Mississauga
- Suspect Crashes Stolen Vehicle in Mississauga Then Flees
- Police Investigating After Vehicle Stolen with Dog Inside in Mississauga
- Woman Arrested After Officer Struck with Stolen Vehicle in Mississauga