SIU Investigating After Police Officer Fired Shots at Driver in Mississauga
Ontario’s Special Investigations Unit is currently investigating an incident involving Peel Police in Mississauga on Saturday, May 25.
Around 3:00 p.m., officers were dispatched to Marmac Crescent (near Winston Churchill at The Collegeway) after determining that a reportedly stolen vehicle was in that area.
While police were investigating, it’s alleged that a man approached the vehicle, entered it and then drove at one of the officers.
The officer discharged his firearm multiple times, hitting the vehicle's windshield.
According to the SIU report, the vehicle fled until it struck a vehicle on Pettigrew Crescent. The man exited the vehicle and fled.
While he has not yet been located, it’s believed that he may have been struck.
Two investigators and two forensic investigators have been assigned to this investigation.
Anyone who may have information or video footage related to this incident is asked to contact the lead investigator 1-800-787-8529.
- Very Exciting Event Coming to Massive Entertainment Facility
- CLOSURE: Two Pakistani restaurants closed for health violations in Mississauga
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Aftermath of fatal crash that claimed two lives in Mississauga
- Here’s why Mississauga residents should vote strategically this election
- Schools in hold and secure due to attempted carjacking in Mississauga
- SIU Officers Investigating Shooting and Manhunt in Mississauga
- SIU Looking for Man Who Might Have Been Shot by Police in Mississauga
- Police Officer Injured During Stolen Vehicle Investigation in Mississauga
- SIU Investigating Police Involvement in Recent Shooting
- Suspect Crashes Stolen Vehicle in Mississauga Then Flees