SIU Investigating After Police Officer Fired Shots at Driver in Mississauga
Ontario’s Special Investigations Unit is currently investigating an incident involving Peel Police in Mississauga on Saturday, May 25.
Around 3:00 p.m., officers were dispatched to Marmac Crescent (near Winston Churchill at The Collegeway) after determining that a reportedly stolen vehicle was in that area.
While police were investigating, it’s alleged that a man approached the vehicle, entered it and then drove at one of the officers.
The officer discharged his firearm multiple times, hitting the vehicle's windshield.
According to the SIU report, the vehicle fled until it struck a vehicle on Pettigrew Crescent. The man exited the vehicle and fled.
While he has not yet been located, it’s believed that he may have been struck.
Two investigators and two forensic investigators have been assigned to this investigation.
Anyone who may have information or video footage related to this incident is asked to contact the lead investigator 1-800-787-8529.
- SIU Officers Investigating Shooting and Manhunt in Mississauga
- SIU Looking for Man Who Might Have Been Shot by Police in Mississauga
- Police searching for stolen vehicle driver who fled crash in Mississauga
- Police Officer Injured During Stolen Vehicle Investigation in Mississauga
- SIU investigating after man seriously injured in police-involved shooting in Mississauga
- "Don't paint the hydrants" Mississauga fire department tells the public
- Police make arrest in assualt case at a Mississauga park
- Pfizer says third dose of COVID-19 vaccine very effective against Delta variant
- Over 80 per cent of eligible Ontarians have now received at least one dose
- Peel Police have two suspects in Brampton carjacking in custody, search on for other