SIU investigating after man seriously injured in police-involved shooting in Mississauga
The Special Investigations Unit (SIU) is investigating a police-involved shooting in Mississauga that sent one man to hospital with life-threatening injuries.
The SIU says that at approximately 7:45 p.m. on Jan. 7, 2020, Peel Regional Police officers arrived in the area of Southampton Drive and Aquinas Avenue to make an arrest.
The SIU says officers located the person of interest - a 28-year-old man - in a vehicle.
According to the SIU, there was an interaction and one officer discharged his firearm at the vehicle multiple times.
The man was taken to hospital for treatment of a serious injury.
Five investigators and two forensic investigators have been assigned to the case.
The SIU is urging anyone who may have information about this investigation to contact the lead investigator at 1-800-787-8529. The Unit is also urging anyone who may have any video evidence related to this incident to upload that video through the SIU website.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault.
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Aftermath of police-involved shooting in Mississauga
- SIU Officers Investigating Shooting and Manhunt in Mississauga
- Woman wounded in police involved shooting in Mississauga
- SIU Investigating After Man Seriously Injured During Alleged Square One Break-In in Mississauga
- Man dies after being shot by police in Mississauga
- Brampton father found guilty in severe malnutrition of his 21-month-old daughter
- WATCH: Hamilton Police release video of Barton Street shooting
- Hudson's Bay may be in 'shirt' over a taboo typo in Canada
- Big deals happening at a new clothing and accessories store at Dixie Outlet Mall in Mississauga
- Free Summer Scavenger Hunt happening in Hamilton