SIU Investigating After Man Seriously Injured During Alleged Square One Break-In in Mississauga
The Special Investigations Unit (SIU) is investigating after a 27-year-old man was seriously injured during an alleged break-in incident at Square One in Mississauga.
The SIU says that at approximately 3:30 a.m. on Dec. 27, 2018, Peel police officers were called to the scene of an alleged break and enter at Square One Shopping Centre.
Upon police arrival, two men reportedly attempted to flee the scene.
The SIU says one of the men suffered a serious injury and was transported to Trillium Hospital for treatment.
Peel police say an officer was also taken to a hospital with minor injuries.
Four investigators and two forensic investigators have been assigned to this incident.
The SIU is urging anyone who may have information about this investigation to contact the lead investigator at 1-800-787-8529.
The Unit is also urging anyone who may have any video evidence related to this incident to upload that video through the SIU website.
The SIU is an arm's length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault.
- SIU investigating after man seriously injured in police-involved shooting in Mississauga
- SIU Investigating After Man in Crisis Injured During Police Encounter in Mississauga
- SIU Investigating Peel Police After Tasing Incident in Mississauga
- SIU investigating after man dies following tasing incident in Mississauga
- SIU Investigating After Woman Alleges Sexual Assault by Peel Police
- HBC sues landlord of Square One, Yorkdale claiming failure to run ‘first class’ malls
- Lotto 649 jackpot sold in Brampton
- Mississauga restaurateurs plead for help amid second indoor dining ban
- Police looking for missing 30 year old Mississauga man
- Dufferin-Peel Catholic District schools in Mississauga with reported COVID-19 cases – October 27