SIU Investigating After "Man in Crisis" Injured in Mississauga
Ontario's Special Investigations Unit (SIU) is investigating an incident in which a man sustained injuries during a confrontation with Peel police in Mississauga.
Earlier today (Oct. 19), Peel police reported that they, along with other emergency crews, were on scene in the Burnhamthorpe and Erin Mills Parkway area to investigate reports of a "man in crisis."
According to the SIU, police attended the aforementioned area at approximately 3 p.m. to investigate reports of a man with a weapon. Police located the man in a Walmart parking lot and an interaction occurred. During the altercation, an officer deployed a conducted energy weapon (better known as a taser).
The man sustained a head injury and was taken to Credit Valley Hospital for treatment.
Shortly after the incident occurred, Peel police Sgt. Josh Colley confirmed that the injured man was experiencing a mental health crisis at the time of the event.
Five investigators and two forensic investigators have been assigned to look into the incident.
The SIU is urging anyone who may have information to contact the lead investigator at 1-800-787-8529.
Cover photo courtesy of Pascal Marchand
- SIU Investigating Peel Police After Tasing Incident in Mississauga
- SIU Investigating After Man in Crisis Injured During Police Encounter in Mississauga
- SIU investigating after man dies following tasing incident in Mississauga
- SIU Clears Peel Police Officer in Mississauga Taser Case
- SIU investigating after man seriously injured in police-involved shooting in Mississauga
- Pearson Airport in Mississauga welcome 19 international and 13 domestic flights with COVID-19
- Police responding to male with firearm in Mississauga convenience store
- Roadway shut down after pedestrian struck by vehicle, seriously injured in Mississauga
- International travelers are walking out of Mississauga's Pearson Airport and ignoring quarantine rules
- Ontario ticket holder wins $70 million Lotto Max jackpot