SIU Investigating After "Man in Crisis" Injured in Mississauga
Ontario's Special Investigations Unit (SIU) is investigating an incident in which a man sustained injuries during a confrontation with Peel police in Mississauga.
Earlier today (Oct. 19), Peel police reported that they, along with other emergency crews, were on scene in the Burnhamthorpe and Erin Mills Parkway area to investigate reports of a "man in crisis."
According to the SIU, police attended the aforementioned area at approximately 3 p.m. to investigate reports of a man with a weapon. Police located the man in a Walmart parking lot and an interaction occurred. During the altercation, an officer deployed a conducted energy weapon (better known as a taser).
The man sustained a head injury and was taken to Credit Valley Hospital for treatment.
Shortly after the incident occurred, Peel police Sgt. Josh Colley confirmed that the injured man was experiencing a mental health crisis at the time of the event.
Five investigators and two forensic investigators have been assigned to look into the incident.
The SIU is urging anyone who may have information to contact the lead investigator at 1-800-787-8529.
Cover photo courtesy of Pascal Marchand
- Police Release List of Complaints Made to 911 Regarding Amber Alert for Murdered 11 Year Old Girl
- Popular Grocery Store Opening Brand New Location in Mississauga
- House of the Week: Magnificent $5.3 Mil Mansion with Tennis Court
- Teen Caught Driving Insane Speed on 403 in Mississauga
- Robbery Suspects Flee After Crashing Vehicle in Mississauga
- SIU Investigating Peel Police After Tasing Incident in Mississauga
- SIU Investigating After Man in Crisis Injured During Police Encounter in Mississauga
- SIU Clears Peel Police Officer in Mississauga Taser Case
- SIU Investigating After Man Seriously Injured During Alleged Square One Break-In in Mississauga
- Police Apprehend 'Man in Crisis' in Mississauga