SIU Investigating After Man in Crisis Injured During Police Encounter in Mississauga
The Special Investigations Unit (SIU) is investigating after a man was reportedly injured during an encounter with Peel police in Mississauga.
The SIU says that at approximately 8:30 p.m. on Feb. 28, 2019, officers were called to the Lakeshore Road West and Mississauga Road to investigate reports of a person behaving in an unusual manner.
Upon arrival, officers located a man "behaving strangely" across the street from the Chrysler dealership.
The SIU says officers apprehended the man under the Mental Health Act, and EMS transported him to hospital.
The man was admitted to the Intensive Care Unit, where he remains in serious condition.
The SIU is urging anyone who may have information about this investigation to contact the Unit at 1-800-787-8529 ext 1965 or ext 9048. The Unit is also urging anyone who may have any video evidence related to this incident to upload that video through the SIU website.
The SIU is an arm's length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault.
- SIU Investigating After Man Seriously Injured During Alleged Square One Break-In in Mississauga
- SIU investigating after man seriously injured in police-involved shooting in Mississauga
- SIU investigating after man dies following tasing incident in Mississauga
- SIU Investigating After Man Falls to his Death from Overpass in Mississauga
- Man Dies After Being Tasered by Police in Mississauga
- Biggest party bust Mississauga has seen during quarantine results in heavy fines
- Some big changes coming to garbage and recycling in Mississauga
- House of the Week: Huge $3.9 mil house near Rattray Marsh
- All COVID-19 cases at Mississauga grocery stores for the week of November 23 to 29
- Policy officer from Mississauga celebrating big lotto win