SIU investigating after man dies following tasing incident in Mississauga
The Special Investigations Unit (SIU) is investigating after a 30-year-old man died following a tasing incident in Mississauga.
The SIU says that shortly after 3 a.m. on Nov. 20, 2019, Peel police received a call about a noise complaint in the Runningbrook Drive and Riverspray Crescent area.
Officers were dispatched and located a person of interest in the backyard of one of the homes, the SIU says.
The SIU says that as officers attempted to communicate with the man, a struggle ensued. Over the course of the struggle, officers used several “use of force” options and deployed a conducted energy weapon (taser).
The SIU says that shortly after the man was taken into custody, his vital signs disappeared. He was transported to a hospital where he was pronounced dead after 4 a.m.
- Exciting Christmas Events are Coming to a Huge Entertainment Facility
- Here's what you need to know about the new regulations for airlines
- Police looking for armed suspects following bank robbery in Mississauga
- Some snow is in the forecast for Mississauga
- Mississauga advising residents to exercise caution with ridesharing services
- Man Dies After Being Tasered by Police in Mississauga
- SIU Investigating Peel Police After Tasing Incident in Mississauga
- SIU Investigating After Man Falls to his Death from Overpass in Mississauga
- SIU Investigating After Man Seriously Injured During Alleged Square One Break-In in Mississauga
- SIU Officers Investigating Shooting and Manhunt in Mississauga