SIU investigating after man dies following tasing incident in Mississauga
The Special Investigations Unit (SIU) is investigating after a 30-year-old man died following a tasing incident in Mississauga.
The SIU says that shortly after 3 a.m. on Nov. 20, 2019, Peel police received a call about a noise complaint in the Runningbrook Drive and Riverspray Crescent area.
Officers were dispatched and located a person of interest in the backyard of one of the homes, the SIU says.
The SIU says that as officers attempted to communicate with the man, a struggle ensued. Over the course of the struggle, officers used several “use of force” options and deployed a conducted energy weapon (taser).
The SIU says that shortly after the man was taken into custody, his vital signs disappeared. He was transported to a hospital where he was pronounced dead after 4 a.m.
- Man Dies After Being Tasered by Police in Mississauga
- SIU Investigating Peel Police After Tasing Incident in Mississauga
- SIU Investigating After Man Falls to his Death from Overpass in Mississauga
- SIU investigating after man seriously injured in police-involved shooting in Mississauga
- SIU Investigating After Man Seriously Injured During Alleged Square One Break-In in Mississauga
- HBC sues landlord of Square One, Yorkdale claiming failure to run ‘first class’ malls
- HOTW: Inside a $2.3 mil luxury penthouse in Mississauga's Marilyn Monroe condo
- Dufferin-Peel Catholic District schools in Mississauga with reported COVID-19 cases – October 27
- Ontario player wins Saturday’s $14.2 million Lotto 649 jackpot
- Peel District schools in Mississauga with reported cases of COVID-19 – October 27