SIU clears police in relation to Brampton case where pursued driver crashed into wall
A Peel Police officer has been cleared of wrongdoing for a December incident where a driver being chased crashed into a wall and received serious head injuries.
The Special Investigations Unit (SIU) has determined the lead officer in the pursuit that took place on December 16 was motivated by the need to apprehend a suspected impaired driver and as a result, there are no grounds to believe police committed a criminal offense.
The crash occurred at the Kenney Rd. and Williams Pkwy area following a lengthy chase that came when police received a report that a van was driving erratically.
The SIU is a civilian law enforcement agency that investigates incidents involving an official where there has been death, serious injury, the discharge of a firearm at a person or an allegation of sexual assault.
(SIU photo of the crash site)
- SIU clears Peel police officer in Brampton incident involving motorcyle last summer
- Peel Police Officer Charged with Sexual Assault
- SIU Clears Peel Police Officer in Mississauga Taser Case
- Hamilton Police officer charged with sexual assault after 5-month SIU investigation
- No charges laid in police pursuit that preceded crash in Mississauga
- Father from Mississauga celebrating a big lotto win living out his ‘Price is Right’ dream
- Child dies in Brampton, cause not yet determined
- Woman in Brampton struck and killed while trying to retrieve something from trunk
- Juveniles from Mississauga and Brampton charged after knives and screwdrivers used to rob stores
- Peel Public Health orders closure of three Mississauga businesses due to outbreaks of COVID-19