SIU clears Peel Police over Brampton incident where plastic bullets, taser were used
Peel Police officers have been cleared of any wrong doing by the SIU for an incident in Brampton where plastic bullets and a taser where used to subdue a man.
The SIU (Special Investigations Unit) was called in following the incident that began in the evening of December 12, 2020 and carried over until the next day when police went to an address on Queen St. E. over reports a man was threatening a neighbour with a knife.
When police arrived the man returned to his apartment, but came out again waving a knife and threatening the officers, according to the SIU report.
Members of the Tactical United fired a plastic bullet and a taser at the man but he was left unaffected and returned to his apartment.
Police then obtained a warrant an entered the apartment where the man had barricaded himself in a bedroom. The report says officers then entered the bedroom where the man again threatened them with a knife. Police fired a plastic bullet and taser again and this time managed to subdue and arrest the man.
The report concludes the officers committed no criminal offence in connection with the discharge of the weapons.
- SIU called to Brampton after police forced to use taser, plastic bullets to subue man trying to harm himself
- Police cleared by SIU in Mississauga in anti-riot weapon incident
- SIU Clears Peel Police Officer in Mississauga Taser Case
- Police Cleared of Wrongdoing After Man Swallows Acid and Sets Apartment on Fire in Mississauga
- SIU clears Peel police officer in Brampton incident involving motorcyle last summer
- VIDEO: Fire destroys Mississauga Road mansion
- Thirteen tickets won a massive lottery prize in Ontario but no jackpot
- House of the week: $4.5 mil Mississauga Road home with gorgeous outdoor features
- Ontario ticket holder wins Saturday’s $9.4 million Lotto 649 jackpot
- Canada donating 13 million surplus COVID-19 vaccine doses to poor countries