SIU clears Peel police officer in Brampton incident involving motorcyle last summer
The SIU has cleared a Peel Police officer in an incident where a motorcycle driver was injured last summer in Brampton.
The Special Investigation Unit was called in to look at the accident that happened at the intersection of Kennedy Rd. and Williams Pkwy on June 21, 2020.
The investigation report said a police cruiser was responding to a call of person who had barricaded himself in a home. When the cruiser approached the intersection it was facing a red light, the officer stopped, put on the flashing lights, and entered the intersection when it was clear.
The report continues saying a motorcyclist then entered the intersection and lost control of his vehicle as he tried to avoid colliding with the cruiser. The motorcyclist was injured and taken to the hospital and subsequently filed a complaint.
In concluding his report, the director of the SIU determined there are no reasonable grounds to believe the officer committed a criminal offence in connection with the man's injuries.
- Police Officer Seriously Injured After Being Struck by Police Cruiser in Mississauga
- Special Investigations Unit Charges Peel Police Officer
- SIU terminates investigation into officer firing gun in Mississauga
- Police Officer Injured During Stolen Vehicle Investigation in Mississauga
- SIU clears police following summer incident where Brampton man broke his shoulder
- Brampton truck driver charged for smuggling cocaine into Canada
- Alarmingly 20% of all Brampton being tested currently have COVID-19
- Gun play has police on the scene at Brampton neighbourhood
- Mississauga boxing gym defying provincial lockdown orders facing charges by City
- Mississauga ticketing for gathering in parks to home hair salons and more