SIU Clears Peel Police in Mississauga Injury
Peel police have been cleared by Ontario's Special Investigations Unit (SIU) after a 23-year-old man was injured in Mississauga.
The incident took place on May 27 at 5 a.m.
That’s when a woman contacted police and paramedics with concern for a family member.
Officers located the man and put him into a police cruiser until medics arrived.
While in the cruiser, the man struck his head on the plexiglas screen numerous times.
Paramedics then transported the man to hospital where he was diagnosed with a serious injury.
The SIU is an arm's length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault.
- BREAKING: Canada Post employee dies of COVID-19 following massive outbreak at Mississauga Gateway facility
- Startling study shows people ignore COVID symptoms and continue to work in Mississauga and Brampton
- Ontario pediatricians calling on Province to reopen schools as soon as possible
- Furry fear-mongering: Coexisting with coyotes (and other wildlife)
- 16-year-old charged with attempted murder in Mississauga