SIU Clears Peel Police in Mississauga Injury
Peel police have been cleared by Ontario's Special Investigations Unit (SIU) after a 23-year-old man was injured in Mississauga.
The incident took place on May 27 at 5 a.m.
That’s when a woman contacted police and paramedics with concern for a family member.
Officers located the man and put him into a police cruiser until medics arrived.
While in the cruiser, the man struck his head on the plexiglas screen numerous times.
Paramedics then transported the man to hospital where he was diagnosed with a serious injury.
The SIU is an arm's length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault.
- Mississauga transit buses now have seats that are unsafe to sit in
- "Don't paint the hydrants" Mississauga fire department tells the public
- Carjacking at knifepoint in Brampton, suspects sought by Peel police
- Police make arrest in assualt case at a Mississauga park
- Big deals happening at a new clothing and accessories store at Dixie Outlet Mall in Mississauga