SIU Clears Peel Police in Mississauga Injury
Peel police have been cleared by Ontario's Special Investigations Unit (SIU) after a 23-year-old man was injured in Mississauga.
The incident took place on May 27 at 5 a.m.
That’s when a woman contacted police and paramedics with concern for a family member.
Officers located the man and put him into a police cruiser until medics arrived.
While in the cruiser, the man struck his head on the plexiglas screen numerous times.
Paramedics then transported the man to hospital where he was diagnosed with a serious injury.
The SIU is an arm's length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault.
- Speed cushions to be installed on four Mississauga roads
- House of the Week: $6.5 mil home with wine cellar and outdoor kitchen
- Massive $50 million mansion in Mississauga is being used to film Amazon's "The Boys"
- Still no answer from feds as eight more flights and 67 rows affected by COVID-19 at Pearson Airport in Mississauga
- BREAKING: Mississauga and Brampton reporting record high COVID-19 cases today