SIU called in after Bramptom pedestrian struck by police cruiser
The province's Special Investigations Unit (SIU) is looking into the circumstances surrounding the serious injuries sustained last night in Brampton by a 39-year-old man after being struck by a police cruiser.
According to the SIU, preliminary information suggests the following:
- At approximately 9:45 p.m. officers were headed to a motor vehicle collision call.
- On the way, one of the cruisers struck a pedestrian in the area of Chinguacousy Rd. and Major William Sharpe Dr.
- The pedestrian was taken to hospital for treatment of non-life threatening injuries.
Two investigators, two forensic investigators and one collision reconstructionist have been assigned to the case. One subject officer and one witness officer have been designated.
The SIU is urging anyone who may have information about this investigation to contact the lead investigator at 1-800-787-8529. The Unit is also urging anyone who may have any video evidence related to this incident to upload that video through the SIU website.
- Police Officer Seriously Injured After Being Struck by Police Cruiser in Mississauga
- Man Suffers Life-Threatening Injuries After Being Struck by Vehicle in Mississauga
- Life-threatening injuries reported after pedestrian struck by vehicle in Mississauga
- SIU Officers Investigating Shooting and Manhunt in Mississauga
- Pedestrian sustains life-threatening injuries after being struck by vehicle in Mississauga
- Pearson Airport in Mississauga welcome 19 international and 13 domestic flights with COVID-19
- Police responding to male with firearm in Mississauga convenience store
- International travelers are walking out of Mississauga's Pearson Airport and ignoring quarantine rules
- Roadway shut down after pedestrian struck by vehicle, seriously injured in Mississauga
- All COVID-19 cases in Mississauga schools for the week of Feb 22 to 26