Significant winter storm in the forecast for Mississauga
Environment Canada says a “significant winter storm” is in the forecast for Halton and Peel (Mississauga, Brampton, Caledon, Oakville, Burlington, Milton and Halton Hills) on Saturday, Jan. 11.
The weather agency says a low-pressure system will impact southern Ontario this weekend.
Rain, freezing rain, and snow are all possible with this system.
Environment Canada says significant rainfall amounts are expected for areas north of Lake Erie and Lake Ontario. Freezing rain is expected to affect most areas from east of Lake Huron to eastern Ontario.
Significant ice accretion or build-up is possible. Snow will affect areas east of Georgian Bay with significant snowfall amounts.
Travel is expected to be impacted.
There is still uncertainty as to which areas will be the most impacted with this system.
- Strong winds and freezing rain in forecast for Mississauga
- Special weather statement regarding "significant snowfall" in effect for Mississauga
- Snow and Freezing Rain Headed for Mississauga This Week
- Significant Snowfall in the Forecast for Mississauga
- Significant snowfall in the forecast for Mississauga this winter
- Film and television studio opening third location in Mississauga
- Justin Trudeau speaks out about racist tirade at Mississauga grocery store, police say they’re investigating
- Police investigating reports of man trying to enter occupied cars in Mississauga
- Here are all the places that now require masks or face coverings in Mississauga
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Anti-masker's racist rant in Mississauga grocery store