Significant Snowfall May Affect Upcoming Commutes in Mississauga
It’s been a snowy, icy past few days, and it looks like this week will be starting off with more of the same.
Environment Canada has issued a special weather statement for Mississauga, stating the possibility of a significant amount of snow on Monday.
Snow, at times heavy, will develop later Monday morning and persist into the evening, the statement reads.
Total snowfall amounts of 10 to 15 cm are possible by late Monday night.
“Travel may become hazardous due to the reduced visibilities in heavy snow and blowing snow,” the report says.
“There may be an impact on the commute both Monday evening and Tuesday morning.”
Environment Canada is continuing to monitor the weather system causing the snow, and may issue a snowfall warning as the system approaches.
- LATEST: Ontario and Mississauga COVID-19 numbers as of April 5, 2020
- Two residents fined for using closed skate park in Mississauga
- Troops hit the road to prepare for fight against COVID-19
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Mississauga residents make some noise for healthcare workers
- House of the Week: $5.5 Mil home with spectacular resort-style yard