Significant Snowfall May Affect Upcoming Commutes in Mississauga
It’s been a snowy, icy past few days, and it looks like this week will be starting off with more of the same.
Environment Canada has issued a special weather statement for Mississauga, stating the possibility of a significant amount of snow on Monday.
Snow, at times heavy, will develop later Monday morning and persist into the evening, the statement reads.
Total snowfall amounts of 10 to 15 cm are possible by late Monday night.
“Travel may become hazardous due to the reduced visibilities in heavy snow and blowing snow,” the report says.
“There may be an impact on the commute both Monday evening and Tuesday morning.”
Environment Canada is continuing to monitor the weather system causing the snow, and may issue a snowfall warning as the system approaches.
- Here's what you need to know about the new regulations for airlines
- UPDATE: Police search for missing Mississauga woman
- Police investigating hit-and-run in Mississauga
- Huge (and mysterious) changes coming to one of Mississauga’s most popular pizza joints
- SCAM ALERT: Utility companies urge customers to be vigilant ahead of holidays