'Significant rainfall' warning issued for Mississauga
Environment Canada issued a special weather statement, calling for “significant rainfall” Friday night.
Rain is expected to begin late in the afternoon or early Friday evening and then taper off or change to snow Saturday morning or afternoon.
“The frozen ground and thin snowpack will have a reduced ability to absorb this rainfall,” according to Environment Canada. “Local ponding on streets is possible, especially where storm drains are covered in snow or ice.”
Total rainfall amounts of 15 to 25 mm are expected.
- Happy 99th birthday, Hazel - Hazel McCallion's photos through the years
- Police searching for sex trafficking offender known to frequent GTA
- Raptors' superfan honoured by Basketball Hall of Fame
- Raptors’ superfan donates $150,000 for new basketball courts in Mississauga
- House of the Week: $3 mil family home with jacuzzi