Significant Rainfall Expected to Hit Mississauga
It may be time to put away the shovels and bust out the umbrellas.
Significant rainfall is expected to start later today in the evening, according to a recent special weather statement from Environment Canada.
The report suggests that 10 to 20 mm of rain may fall by Tuesday morning. EC warns that the rain, combined with rapidly melting snow due to warmer temperatures, may cause a build up or ponding of water in poorly drained areas.
The cause of the rainfall is a warm front associated with a low pressure area that will be moving through the region tonight, bringing a significant amount of rain with it.
Tuesday morning’s commute is likely to be affected. If visibility is reduced while driving, the MTO advises drivers to turn on your lights and maintain a safe following distance.
Occasional rain — along with very mild temperatures more typical of April — is expected on Tuesday.
- Mississauga Uber Driver Arrested After Two Sexual Assault Incidents
- 5 “Haunted” Conspiracy Theories That Exist In Mississauga
- UPDATE on CLOSURE: Popular Japanese/Korean Restaurant in Mississauga Closed for Health Violations
- Police Chasing Rogue Swan in Mississauga
- Top 5 Under the Radar Fish & Chip Joints in Mississauga