Significant Rainfall Expected to Hit Mississauga
It may be time to put away the shovels and bust out the umbrellas.
Significant rainfall is expected to start later today in the evening, according to a recent special weather statement from Environment Canada.
The report suggests that 10 to 20 mm of rain may fall by Tuesday morning. EC warns that the rain, combined with rapidly melting snow due to warmer temperatures, may cause a build up or ponding of water in poorly drained areas.
The cause of the rainfall is a warm front associated with a low pressure area that will be moving through the region tonight, bringing a significant amount of rain with it.
Tuesday morning’s commute is likely to be affected. If visibility is reduced while driving, the MTO advises drivers to turn on your lights and maintain a safe following distance.
Occasional rain — along with very mild temperatures more typical of April — is expected on Tuesday.
- A Special Weather Statement Issued for Mississauga
- UPDATED WEATHER STATEMENT: Significant Rainfall Continuing in Mississauga
- UPDATE: Heavy Freezing Rain Expected in Mississauga
- 'Significant rainfall' warning issued for Mississauga
- WEATHER WARNING: Heavy Rainfall May Impact Morning Commute in Mississauga
- Mississauga retiree plans to buy car following big lotto win
- Police say body of what appears to be missing teen from Bradford, Ont., found
- One person injured in two-car collision in north Mississauga
- Missing Mississauga senior found safe
- All COVID-19 cases in Mississauga schools for the week of October 26 to 30