Significant Rainfall Expected to Hit Mississauga
It may be time to put away the shovels and bust out the umbrellas.
Significant rainfall is expected to start later today in the evening, according to a recent special weather statement from Environment Canada.
The report suggests that 10 to 20 mm of rain may fall by Tuesday morning. EC warns that the rain, combined with rapidly melting snow due to warmer temperatures, may cause a build up or ponding of water in poorly drained areas.
The cause of the rainfall is a warm front associated with a low pressure area that will be moving through the region tonight, bringing a significant amount of rain with it.
Tuesday morning’s commute is likely to be affected. If visibility is reduced while driving, the MTO advises drivers to turn on your lights and maintain a safe following distance.
Occasional rain — along with very mild temperatures more typical of April — is expected on Tuesday.
- A Special Weather Statement Issued for Mississauga
- UPDATED WEATHER STATEMENT: Significant Rainfall Continuing in Mississauga
- UPDATE: Heavy Freezing Rain Expected in Mississauga
- 'Significant rainfall' warning issued for Mississauga
- WEATHER WARNING: Heavy Rainfall May Impact Morning Commute in Mississauga
- Weather warning in effect for funnel clouds expected in Mississauga
- Police responding to large disturbance after fight breaks out in Mississauga
- Armed suspect flees after attempted carjacking in Mississauga
- Officers searching for male on inflatable tube in river in Mississauga
- Mississauga father celebrating big lotto win