Significant Objects Exhibit Happening at Living Arts Centre
With temperatures expected to dip into the high teens this weekend (noooo!), you might want to stay indoors. Fortunately for you, there's an exciting ongoing exhibit at the Living Arts Centre in Mississauga that's more than worth checking out.
Significant Objects, which will run until Oct. 23, is on now at the Centre and features six emerging and mid-career artists who employ new methods in sculpture, mixed media and installations. The pieces on display are made with non-traditional materials and explore tension, balance, repetition and scale, shifting your focus away from function and towards form.
Sounds pretty modern, no?
The pieces are also intended to raise questions about the relationship between materials, art and value -- so keep an open mind and prepare to wow your friends with your thoughts.
The artists featured in the exhibit include Andrew Carvalho, Michael Drolet, Svava Thordis Juliusson, Mark Prier, Michael Usling and Paulina Wiszowata.
Next Thursday, Sept. 29, the gallery is hosting an opening reception from 7:00-9:00 p.m. Admission is free and the event will take place in the gallery on the second floor of the Centre.
The building offers free underground parking.
Cover photo courtesy of Svava Thordis Juliusson’s official website
- Interesting Facts You Never Knew About the Living Arts Centre in Mississauga
- Free Breakdancing Event Coming to Living Arts Centre in Mississauga
- Big Changes Happening at the Living Arts Centre in Mississauga
- Fun Food and Drink Event Coming to the Living Arts Centre in Mississauga
- Guess Who’s Coming to The Living Arts Centre in Mississauga?