Shooting in Oakville leaves woman wounded
Halton Regional Police say a woman was injured in a shooting incident in Oakville, Ont., early Saturday morning.
Police say the shooting occurred at a residence in "The Greenery" area of the city west of Toronto.
The victim, whose identity was not released, was reported to be in stable condition.
Investigators didn't provide any suspect information.
However, they said they believe the shooting was a targeted incident and there was no ongoing threat to public safety.
They added that local residents could expect a high police presence in the area throughout the day as officers continue their investigation.
- Brampton father found guilty in severe malnutrition of his 21-month-old daughter
- WATCH: Hamilton Police release video of Barton Street shooting
- Mississauga transit buses now have seats that are unsafe to sit in
- "Don't paint the hydrants" Mississauga fire department tells the public
- Free Summer Scavenger Hunt happening in Hamilton