Shoe designer introducing Black Canadian fashion designer group
TORONTO -- A longtime member of the fashion industry is launching an interactive index of black Canadian designers.
Shoe designer George Sully, who is black, is unveiling Black Designers of Canada this week.
A co-founder of several brands, including Sully Wong and House of Hayla, Sully asked people to submit their favourite black designers on social media last week.
A statement says the goal of Black Designers of Canada is to "make it next to impossible for the industry to make excuses rooted in ignorance to justify exclusion."
Sully is asking people to continue submitting designers to join the group.
The Canadian Press
Photo courtesy George Sully’s Instagram
- Mississauga Fashion Week is Coming
- Canada’s screen world ‘decades behind’ on Black representation, say industry members
- Trudeau announces cash for loans, support to Black Canadian entrepreneurs
- Peel school board anti-Black racism review under fire for not having a Black reviewer
- Royal Canadian Mint unveils new commemorative coin honouring Black Loyalists
- House of the week: Spectacular $4.3 mil Lorne Park home with wine cellar
- PHOTOS: Over 100 townhouses planned for brand new neighbourhood in Mississauga
- Still no answer from feds as 14 flights land at Mississauga's Pearson Airport with COVID-19
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Fight breaks out at gas station in Brampton
- Here's where the new Automated Speed Enforcement cameras are in Mississauga