Shoe designer introducing Black Canadian fashion designer group
TORONTO -- A longtime member of the fashion industry is launching an interactive index of black Canadian designers.
Shoe designer George Sully, who is black, is unveiling Black Designers of Canada this week.
A co-founder of several brands, including Sully Wong and House of Hayla, Sully asked people to submit their favourite black designers on social media last week.
A statement says the goal of Black Designers of Canada is to "make it next to impossible for the industry to make excuses rooted in ignorance to justify exclusion."
Sully is asking people to continue submitting designers to join the group.
The Canadian Press
Photo courtesy George Sully’s Instagram
- Mississauga Fashion Week is Coming
- Trudeau announces cash for loans, support to Black Canadian entrepreneurs
- Peel school board anti-Black racism review under fire for not having a Black reviewer
- Black Lives Matter Group Holding Protest in Mississauga
- Ontario government appoints Black reviewer for Peel school board anti-Black racism review
- Region providing money to residents who want to build basement apartments in Mississauga
- HOTW: Inside a $2.3 mil luxury penthouse in Mississauga's Marilyn Monroe condo
- Public Health says Mississauga and Brampton officially experiencing second wave of COVID-19 as new cases surpass 200 for second day in a row
- Ontario player wins Saturday’s $14.2 million Lotto 649 jackpot
- Mississauga teacher enjoying big lotto win