Shoe designer introducing Black Canadian fashion designer group
TORONTO -- A longtime member of the fashion industry is launching an interactive index of black Canadian designers.
Shoe designer George Sully, who is black, is unveiling Black Designers of Canada this week.
A co-founder of several brands, including Sully Wong and House of Hayla, Sully asked people to submit their favourite black designers on social media last week.
A statement says the goal of Black Designers of Canada is to "make it next to impossible for the industry to make excuses rooted in ignorance to justify exclusion."
Sully is asking people to continue submitting designers to join the group.
The Canadian Press
Photo courtesy George Sully’s Instagram
- Mississauga Fashion Week is Coming
- Trudeau announces cash for loans, support to Black Canadian entrepreneurs
- Peel school board anti-Black racism review under fire for not having a Black reviewer
- Advocacy group launches association for Black teachers at Mississauga school board
- Black Lives Matter Group Holding Protest in Mississauga
- Top 5 Chicken on the Rocks in Mississauga
- Some university students in Mississauga are dating older partners to pay off debt
- Vehicle leaves scene after striking pedestrian in Mississauga
- Long-awaited store finally opens in Streetsville
- Three OPP officers charged following allegations of preferential treatment for GTA tow operators