Sheridan College Recently Ranked Number One on an Exciting List
Sheridan College has been in the news quite a lot recently. Earlier this year, Sheridan was ranked as one of the top five research colleges in Canada for 2018, a number of graduates were nominated for Oscars, and a Sheridan graduate actually did win an Oscar!
Now, Sheridan has been ranked as the top animation school in the world, according to the Animation Career Review's 2019 rankings of the top international animation colleges in the world.
This list does not include the United States.
Regardless, this recognition is something the college is incredibly proud of.
"We're incredibly proud of this noteworthy recognition as a world-leading destination for animation education," Dr. Janet Morrison, President and Vice Chancellor of Sheridan said in a statement. "Since 1968 when Sheridan held its first animation class, we've established our position at the forefront of teaching art in motion."
The animation program at Sheridan, according to a press release from the college, emphasizes classical principles of animation in a variety of forms, such as 2D digital, 3D, and stop motion.
"At Sheridan's Trafalgar Campus located in Oakville, Ont., students learn the art of storyboarding from industry professionals and hone life drawing, layout, and digital painting skills," reads the release.
The college recently celebrated the 50th anniversary of its animation program, which includes a Bachelor of Animation, in addition to post-graduate certificates in computer animation, visual effects, and digital creature animation.
More than 160 institutions outside the U.S. were considered for the Animation Career Review 2019 rankings. Animation Career Review assessed academic reputation, admission selectivity, depth and breadth of program, and value as it relates to tuition and indebtedness.
Sheridan has campuses in Mississauga, Brampton, and Oakville.
- Sheridan College awarded grant to further work in animation
- Sheridan College Graduates are up for Oscars This Year
- Sheridan College alumnus nominated for Academy Award
- Several Sheridan College alumni nominated for awards at 2020 Canadian Screen Awards
- Sheridan Graduate Wins Oscar for Best Animated Short Film
- Rental prices falling as the year winds to a close in Mississauga
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Aftermath of fatal crash between motorcycle and MiWay bus in Mississauga
- 27 people from Peel Region linked to COVID-19 outbreak at Vaughan window factory
- Tighter COVID-19 restrictions start Monday in 5 Ontario regions
- New COVID-19 cases in Peel drop significantly today