Sheridan College and Other School Programs Closing Due to Snow
If you have an afternoon or evening at class at Sheridan College—the college operates campuses in Mississauga, Oakville and Brampton—you should note that the academic institution recently announced that it's closing early due to the snow storm.
Because of the inclement weather, all of Sheridan's campuses will close as of 1:30 p.m. today (February 27).
All facilities including libraries, food services, and recreational facilities, will be closed. Shuttle service will end at 2:30 p.m.
University tudents should note that University of Toronto—Mississauga (UTM) classes and exams will proceed as scheduled. As of 11:55 a.m. today, school officials said there are no plans to close the facility. However, UTM and Sheridan students who take classes at both campuses should note that the final shuttle bus from UTM to Sheridan will depart at 12:50 p.m. and the final shuttle bus from Sheridan to UTM will depart at 1:45 p.m.
While schools in Peel (both the Catholic and public boards) are open today, residents should note that after-school programs have been cancelled.
The Peel District School Board says all evening programs and permits have been cancelled for today (Feb. 27.) These programs include continuing education courses, night school, adult ESL programs and adult credit classes.
Activities held before 6 p.m. may continue based on the discretion of the principal or supervisor.
Child care programs will remain open to families until 6 p.m.
The Dufferin-Peel Catholic District School Board says school/site permits, adult and continuing education classes and secondary night school classes are cancelled.
After school child care services will continue as scheduled.
Both the Halton District School Board and Halton Catholic District School Board have closed all schools due to the storm.
- Some evening programs in Mississauga cancelled due to snow
- Evening Programs Cancelled at Mississauga Schools Due to Weather
- Peel District School Board cancels upcoming programs due to weather
- Mississauga School Closures to Take Note of Due to Severe Weather
- School buildings and offices in the Peel District School Board are closed today
- Looks like Mississauga and Brampton will be moving into grey lockdown zone on March 9
- Mississauga men celebrating big lotto wins as the machine froze
- Man delivering food in Mississauga robbed: Peel Police
- Pearson Airport in Mississauga had 24 international and 4 domestic flights with COVID-19 cases
- Change coming to waste collection in Mississauga this month