Shamrock Shake lovers green with envy over return of popular treat
The “luck of the Irish” never tasted so good.
McDonald’s popular Shamrock Shake is now available at all their locations across Canada for a “wee time” only.
While there may be 1120 calories in a large size cup of the tasty cold treat, it’s been “top of the day” for Shamrock Shake lovers on social media.
“A beautiful day for a walk. But the best part of the day was being surprised by #McDonald’s #shamrockshake,” tweeted McKnight (@rilmcknight).
The classic flavour that features a vanilla soft serve ice blended with a refreshing taste of mint will be available for a limited while supplies last.
This marks the 51st anniversary of the popular treat, which made its first appearance in 1970 at select locations across the United States.
The shake was first created in 1967 by Hal Rosen, a McDonald’s owner and operator in Connecticut. Rosen was looking for a way to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day, which explains the shake’s green colour.
You can bet Shamrock Shake lovers are feeling “happy out” today.
- PICK A SIDE: Do you love or hate the Shamrock Shake
- Burger King Launches New Shake for Coffee Lovers in Mississauga
- Big Changes Coming to a Popular McDonald's Meal
- Here’s How You Can Get Cheap Ice Cream at McDonald’s Locations in Mississauga
- McDonald's supersizing Big Mac at participating locations in Mississauga, Brampton, and Canada
- "Don't paint the hydrants" Mississauga fire department tells the public
- Over 80 per cent of eligible Ontarians have now received at least one dose
- Pfizer says third dose of COVID-19 vaccine very effective against Delta variant
- Peel Police have two suspects in Brampton carjacking in custody, search on for other
- Police make arrest in assualt case at a Mississauga park