Shamrock Shake lovers green with envy over return of popular treat
The “luck of the Irish” never tasted so good.
McDonald’s popular Shamrock Shake is now available at all their locations across Canada for a “wee time” only.
While there may be 1120 calories in a large size cup of the tasty cold treat, it’s been “top of the day” for Shamrock Shake lovers on social media.
“A beautiful day for a walk. But the best part of the day was being surprised by #McDonald’s #shamrockshake,” tweeted McKnight (@rilmcknight).
The classic flavour that features a vanilla soft serve ice blended with a refreshing taste of mint will be available for a limited while supplies last.
This marks the 51st anniversary of the popular treat, which made its first appearance in 1970 at select locations across the United States.
The shake was first created in 1967 by Hal Rosen, a McDonald’s owner and operator in Connecticut. Rosen was looking for a way to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day, which explains the shake’s green colour.
You can bet Shamrock Shake lovers are feeling “happy out” today.
- PICK A SIDE: Do you love or hate the Shamrock Shake
- Burger King Launches New Shake for Coffee Lovers in Mississauga
- Big Changes Coming to a Popular McDonald's Meal
- Here’s How You Can Get Cheap Ice Cream at McDonald’s Locations in Mississauga
- A Popular McDonald's Item is Coming Back to Mississauga and Beyond
- Select Mississauga and Brampton residents between 18 and 49 can book vaccines this week
- Couple charged following hate-related incident in parking lot in Mississauga
- Speed cushions to be installed on four Mississauga roads
- Mississauga and Brampton rolling out mobile vaccine clinics targeting essential workers
- House of the Week: $6.5 mil home with wine cellar and outdoor kitchen