Severe Weather Watch is in Effect for Mississauga
We hope you have an umbrella handy!
Environment Canada is issuing a severe thunderstorm watch for the Peel-Halton area (Mississauga, Brampton, Caledon, Oakville, Milton, Halton Hills, Burlington).
"There is the potential for severe thunderstorms beginning late this morning and this afternoon," reads the statement issued at 9:46 a.m. on Friday morning.
The weather agency says conditions are favourable for the development of dangerous thunderstorms that may be capable of producing strong wind gusts, heavy rain, and damaging hail.
Yes, that's right—hail.
Even though it's small, it's still hail.
Very large hail can damage property, break windows, dent vehicles, and cause serious injury.
The weather agency is reminding people that heavy downpours can cause flash floods and water pooling on roads.
Lightning is also dangerous, so residents are encouraged to seek shelter in the event of a major storm.
- Mass COVID-19 vaccination clinic opens in Mississauga
- Pearson Airport in Mississauga welcome 19 international and 13 domestic flights with COVID-19
- International travelers are walking out of Mississauga's Pearson Airport and ignoring quarantine rules
- Mississauga residents 80 and older can now book their vaccines
- Region of Peel calls flyer asking Mississauga parents to completely isolate their COVID-positive children a “mistake”