Severe Weather Watch in Effect for Mississauga
Environment Canada has issued an alert for a severe weather watch in Mississauga.
Conditions in Mississauga are favourable for thunderstorms, strong wind, and large hail.
Scattered thunderstorms are expected to develop and move eastward. Some of these storms may contain wind gusts of 90 km/h, hail of 2 to 4 cm, torrential downpours, and frequent lightning.
Environment Canada warns that strong wind gusts can toss loose objects, damage weak buildings, break branches off trees and overturn large vehicles. Locally, heavy rain is also possible.
The Office of the Fire Marshal and Emergency Management recommends that you take cover immediately if threatening weather approaches - when thunder roars, go indoors!
- Three Teens Arrested Following Hate-Motivated Crime in Mississauga
- Mississauga Politician Rescinds Award for Community Leader Who Expressed Discriminatory Views
- 5 Places Outside of Mississauga to Road Trip To
- Top 5 Fresh Fish Seafood Markets in Mississauga
- “Montreal-Style” Bagels Comes to Mississauga