Severe Weather Watch in Effect for Mississauga
Environment Canada has issued an alert for a severe weather watch in Mississauga.
Conditions in Mississauga are favourable for thunderstorms, strong wind, and large hail.
Scattered thunderstorms are expected to develop and move eastward. Some of these storms may contain wind gusts of 90 km/h, hail of 2 to 4 cm, torrential downpours, and frequent lightning.
Environment Canada warns that strong wind gusts can toss loose objects, damage weak buildings, break branches off trees and overturn large vehicles. Locally, heavy rain is also possible.
The Office of the Fire Marshal and Emergency Management recommends that you take cover immediately if threatening weather approaches - when thunder roars, go indoors!
- Five-year-old child crossing road on bike in Mississauga dies after being struck by vehicle
- MAYORS CHAT: Mississauga Mayor Bonnie Crombie chats about COVID-19 updates, vaccines and tickets - May 4, 2021
- Father of three from Mississauga celebrating big lotto win "couldn’t believe it"
- WANTED: Cops hunt four Brampton men on the run
- Mississauga woman accused of abduction