Severe Weather Watch in Effect for Mississauga
Environment Canada has issued an alert for a severe weather watch in Mississauga.
Conditions in Mississauga are favourable for thunderstorms, strong wind, and large hail.
Scattered thunderstorms are expected to develop and move eastward. Some of these storms may contain wind gusts of 90 km/h, hail of 2 to 4 cm, torrential downpours, and frequent lightning.
Environment Canada warns that strong wind gusts can toss loose objects, damage weak buildings, break branches off trees and overturn large vehicles. Locally, heavy rain is also possible.
The Office of the Fire Marshal and Emergency Management recommends that you take cover immediately if threatening weather approaches - when thunder roars, go indoors!
- Mississauga has an interactive map for coyote sightings
- Mississauga residents reminded to properly dispose of certain household goods
- Mississauga high school teacher charged with sexual assault
- 165 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, nine new cases found in Mississauga
- Mississauga man celebrating Poker Lotto win