Severe Weather Watch in Effect for Mississauga
Environment Canada has issued an alert for a severe weather watch in Mississauga.
Conditions in Mississauga are favourable for thunderstorms, strong wind, and large hail.
Scattered thunderstorms are expected to develop and move eastward. Some of these storms may contain wind gusts of 90 km/h, hail of 2 to 4 cm, torrential downpours, and frequent lightning.
Environment Canada warns that strong wind gusts can toss loose objects, damage weak buildings, break branches off trees and overturn large vehicles. Locally, heavy rain is also possible.
The Office of the Fire Marshal and Emergency Management recommends that you take cover immediately if threatening weather approaches - when thunder roars, go indoors!
- Pearson Airport in Mississauga welcome 19 international and 13 domestic flights with COVID-19
- Police responding to male with firearm in Mississauga convenience store
- International travelers are walking out of Mississauga's Pearson Airport and ignoring quarantine rules
- All COVID-19 cases in Mississauga schools for the week of Feb 22 to 26
- Ontario ticket holder wins $70 million Lotto Max jackpot