Severe Thunderstorm Watch in Effect for Mississauga
"When thunder roars, stay indoors," says Environment Canada.
A severe thunderstorm watch is in effect for Mississauga and the region of Peel. Conditions today are favourable for the development of severe thunderstorms, which may produce torrential rainfall in excess of 50 to 75 mm.
Brief but strong gusts of wind are also possible.
Heavy downpours can potentially cause flash floods and water pooling on roads, EC warns.
The Office of the Fire Marshal and Emergency Management recommends that you take cover immediately if threatening weather approaches. Stay safe out there!
- Two Mississauga students awarded scholarships from Walmart
- Ontario to announce fall COVID-19 plan today
- Peel District schools in Mississauga with reported cases of COVID-19 - September 21
- Dufferin-Peel Catholic District schools in Mississauga with reported COVID-19 cases – September 21
- Ontario rolls out massive flu shot campaign in bid to keep hospitals from overflowing amid the COVID-19 pandemic