Severe thunderstorm warning issued for Mississauga and Brampton
Mississauga and Brampton residents should be aware of some very turbulent weather in the forecast.
As of 4:59 p.m. today (March 11), Environment Canada meteorologists are tracking a line of severe thunderstorms capable of producing very strong wind gusts, pea to dime-sized hail and heavy rain.
This line of severe thunderstorms is located from Innisfil to 9 kilometres northwest of Erin to Wellburn, moving southeast at 40 km/h.
Residents are advised to stay indoors if possible and watch for any further weather alerts.
- OPINION: Ontario’s new restrictions are pure theatre and everyone in Mississauga and Brampton should be furious
- Police won't randomly stop people or vehicles in Mississauga and Brampton
- Playgrounds allowed to reopen in Mississauga and Brampton
- Three of Ontario's worst COVID-19 hotspots are in Mississauga
- New police powers will be toned down in Mississauga, Brampton and Ontario: Government source