Severe thunderstorm warning in effect for Mississauga this afternoon
A severe thunderstorm warning is in effect.
Environment Canada says meteorologists are currently tracking a line of severe thunderstorms capable of producing strong wind gusts up to 90 km/h, heavy rain, and nickel-sized hail.
“This line of severe thunderstorms is located near Acton, moving east at 30 km/h,” Environment Canada reports.
“Remember, severe thunderstorms can produce tornadoes. Lightning kills and injures Canadians every year.”
Residents are advised to take cover immediately and stay indoors when threatening weather approaches.
- Top 5 Chicken on the Rocks in Mississauga
- Some university students in Mississauga are dating older partners to pay off debt
- Vehicle leaves scene after striking pedestrian in Mississauga
- Long-awaited store finally opens in Streetsville
- Three OPP officers charged following allegations of preferential treatment for GTA tow operators