Severe thunderstorm warning in effect for Mississauga this afternoon
A severe thunderstorm warning is in effect.
Environment Canada says meteorologists are currently tracking a line of severe thunderstorms capable of producing strong wind gusts up to 90 km/h, heavy rain, and nickel-sized hail.
“This line of severe thunderstorms is located near Acton, moving east at 30 km/h,” Environment Canada reports.
“Remember, severe thunderstorms can produce tornadoes. Lightning kills and injures Canadians every year.”
Residents are advised to take cover immediately and stay indoors when threatening weather approaches.
- New rules regarding children in leash-free zones and smoking in parks are now in effect in Mississauga
- PHOTOS: New platform and pavilion now open at a Mississauga GO Station
- House of the Week: $3.8 mil Sheridan home luxurious features
- Staff member tests positive for COVID-19 at Mississauga retirement home
- All COVID-19 cases in Mississauga schools for the week of September 21 to 26