Severe thunderstorm warning in effect for Mississauga this afternoon
A severe thunderstorm warning is in effect.
Environment Canada says meteorologists are currently tracking a line of severe thunderstorms capable of producing strong wind gusts up to 90 km/h, heavy rain, and nickel-sized hail.
“This line of severe thunderstorms is located near Acton, moving east at 30 km/h,” Environment Canada reports.
“Remember, severe thunderstorms can produce tornadoes. Lightning kills and injures Canadians every year.”
Residents are advised to take cover immediately and stay indoors when threatening weather approaches.
- Severe thunderstorm warning currently in effect for Mississauga
- Severe thunderstorm warning in effect for Hamilton, Burlington and Oakville
- Severe thunderstorm warning today for Uxbridge, Beaverton
- Severe Thunderstorm Warning Currently in Effect in Mississauga
- Severe Weather Warning Now in Effect For Mississauga
- Trio robs Brampton convenience store, police say
- Hamilton considers closing East Mountain street to vehicles, asks residents to weigh in
- Two males involved in Brampton collision flee on foot, Peel police say
- One-year-old girl pulled from Burlington swimming pool dies in hospital
- Five-week-old puppy stolen during armed invasion of occupied Brampton house