Severe thunderstorm warning in effect for Mississauga this afternoon
A severe thunderstorm warning is in effect.
Environment Canada says meteorologists are currently tracking a line of severe thunderstorms capable of producing strong wind gusts up to 90 km/h, heavy rain, and nickel-sized hail.
“This line of severe thunderstorms is located near Acton, moving east at 30 km/h,” Environment Canada reports.
“Remember, severe thunderstorms can produce tornadoes. Lightning kills and injures Canadians every year.”
Residents are advised to take cover immediately and stay indoors when threatening weather approaches.
- Mississauga and Brampton businesses will be ordered closed if COVID-19 cases found
- Peel police asked to investigate after OPP officer seen pushing a child during a confrontation
- Drugs found at kids playland, 19 from Brampton busted as international trafficking ring smashed, police release all names
- Pharmacies in Mississauga and Brampton to start offering 24/7 COVID-19 vaccinations
- House of the week: Spectacular $4.3 mil Lorne Park home with wine cellar