Severe Thunderstorm Warning in Effect for Mississauga
“When thunder roars, stay indoors,” says Environment Canada.
A thunderstorm watch is in effect for Mississauga this afternoon and early evening.
Today’s atmospheric conditions may be capable of producing one or more of the following: strong wind gusts up to 90 km/h, large hail, damaging winds, and torrential rainfall.
The Weather Network advises that strong wind gusts can toss loose objects, damage weak buildings, break branches off trees and overturn large vehicles. Heavy downpours can cause flash floods and water pooling on roads.
The Office of the Fire Marshal and Emergency Management recommends that you take cover immediately if threatening weather approaches. Stay safe out there!
- Two employees at Mississauga grocery store test positive for COVID-19
- Mississauga’s Most Notorious Murder Case - Peter Demeter
- The perfect selfie spot is taking shape in Mississauga
- House of the Week: Magnificent $8.8 Mil Mansion with Luxurious Indoor Pool
- Ontario to end streaming in Grade 9, early years suspensions